THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

VINEGAR SMELL ON BREATH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
djsilk
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm

VINEGAR SMELL ON BREATH

Post by djsilk »

I am a 25 year old male from the North West, and I wouldnt say I have bad breath all the time, but I do occasionally get a smell on the breath like strong vinegar. What is that, and is there an underlying problem?
Twilight
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Twilight »

When you lick your wrist does it smell like vinegar?

That is the classic case of bb...doesn't sound too serious though. I can't believe I'm about to ask this question but...do you brush your tongue? If it's just occasional then that should do the trick in ridding of it. Also, drink plenty of water and try to see if there is a correlation between the vinegar smell and when you drink alcohol. Chewable Vitamin C would probably help you too.
djsilk
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by djsilk »

Never tried licking my wrist. I know the problem isnt overly bad because my dentist has told me there isnt a problem.

It tends to get worse if I use Corsodyl etc with alcohol in it.

I do brush my tongue but say by the next 2 hours...it starts, and I use Dentyl pH!!!

Why do you think chewable vitamin C works??

If a whits coating begins to form at the back of your tongue, and its rancid...there must be a cause. Do you know the cause?? It appears like the body is producing toxins, but I do enough for that not to happen.

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED, BUT I DO STRONGLY SYMPATHISE AND EMPATHISE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE REALLY AWFUL HALITOSIS.
Twilight
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Twilight »

Why do you think chewable vitamin C works??
We are not 100% sure on why the chewable vitamin C seems to work for some.

Some say it's the acidity in tablet that changes the enviroment thus promoting the growth or only bacteria that can handle it.

Some say it's because vitamin C strengthens the immune system and deliver a more "powerful punch" in whatever the body is already using to fight oral bacteria, like saliva by providing more enzymes and/or increasing saliva flow in general.

Few cases were "documented", if you will, but it seems so far that taking any other forms of vitamin C, such as pills or drink mixes, doesn't have the same effect. I think we need more reports to accurately determine this though. There were only like 1 or 2 people who tried it with and without the chewable tablets.

So, it's probably best to let the chewable tablets "slowly dissolve" on your tongue and take I think 4000mg per day? I can't remember. I think that's where most people found relief and it wasn't until after a few days. This is not without side effects of potential tooth decay and in what would to be the rarer cases of canker sores however. Btw, the first sign of vitamin c "overdose" is diarrhea, if this occurs then you should taper down a bit although it seems unlikely. Most studies show that it's actually overdose on vitamin c.
It tends to get worse if I use Corsodyl etc with alcohol in it.
That's because there's alcohol in it which dries out your mouth. Alcohol = always makes breath worse no matter what cause your bb it seems.
If a whits coating begins to form at the back of your tongue, and its rancid...there must be a cause. Do you know the cause?? It appears like the body is producing toxins, but I do enough for that not to happen.
That is because that your oral enviroment inhibits the growth of good bacteria and favors the growth of bad. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly why as they could be multiple reasons: gingivitis, cryptic tonsils, pH imbalance, chronic dry mouth, post nasal drip, etc.[/quote]
djsilk
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by djsilk »

I would say that I do not have any of them at all (gingivitis, cryptic tonsils etc etc), yet I do get a strong vinegar smell on the breath.

I also find if I brush my teeth throughout the day, that causes the vinegar smell on the breath...I dont know whether its ingredients in the toothpaste but I always get it, and brushing your teeth before I go to bed gives me bb in the morning, moreso if I dont brush my teeth.

Help is needed!

My friend brushes his teeth throughout the day and theres no problem, and he drinks alcohol and I cannot smell it on him at all, but me.....it aggravates the problem!!

ADVICE??!!
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

sounds like you might want to start making appts for ENT. You remind me of myself 2 years ago when my halitosis just started kicking in.

Start making yourself aware of the things that you eat/drink/do that have an effect on your digestion.
djsilk
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by djsilk »

i DONT KNOW WHETHER ITS PARANOIA ALOT WITH ME THOUGH. CAN PEOPLE HAVE HALITOSIS WITHOUT HAVING GUM DISEASE, ABNORMAL TONSILS ETC ETC.

I FIND WHAT I DO THAT MAY CONTRIBUTE TO IT, IS I TEND TO BREATH IN THROUGH MY NOSE ALOT, ESPECIALLY IF I BECOME PARANOID, AND I THINK THIS FUELS THE PROBLEM...FURTHER HELP IS APPRECIATED??
HappyDays
Advanced
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by HappyDays »

If you are here I would say that its coming from your insides if you can eliminate your mouth from the equation. Just my humble opinion. I would start by doing research on what the possible causes of halitosis are and then look at your symptoms closely BEFORE going to see ENT or internalist so that you can get a really good consultation from the dr cause if you dont go in seeming educated about this, they will brush you off quickly.

I had to speak very frank with my ENT first letting him know that I knew there wasnt much research/ knowledge about halitosis and continued to intelligently and respectfully spill my guts. As he would interject with something about brushing and flossing I would counter that with other facts like clean bill of health from dentist.

After a while we started getting to some good discussions and I think my passion made him more interested in my case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗