THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I may be cured
abt tonsillectomy
hii all
i also have tonsillectomy done n i dont have adenoids but i am sorry to say that it didnt helped anyway.
well after tongue scrapping n washing the tongue with hydrogen peroxide my bb is reduced by 50%.but now what for the rest of 50%????
i also have tonsillectomy done n i dont have adenoids but i am sorry to say that it didnt helped anyway.
well after tongue scrapping n washing the tongue with hydrogen peroxide my bb is reduced by 50%.but now what for the rest of 50%????
Re: abt tonsillectomy
Does your BB come from the nose also?rahul wrote:hii all
i also have tonsillectomy done n i dont have adenoids but i am sorry to say that it didnt helped anyway.
well after tongue scrapping n washing the tongue with hydrogen peroxide my bb is reduced by 50%.but now what for the rest of 50%????
Thank you for your help, TwilightTwilight wrote:When I went to see my ENT I kinda lied and told him I was having more sore throats per year than I really was...but not by much. I was actually just recovering from a really bad sore throat and I would get a minor sore throat like everyday before the surgery. I believe if your ENT approves of the tonsillectomy then by default it is deemed "medically necessary", but I'm not 100% sure on this.deekey wrote: Hey twilight, glad to hear youve had some success. I have the same insurance Blue Cross PPO in California. I was just wondering how you got it covered since in my insurance booklet it says sugeries must be "medically necessary". Now we all know how neccesary these procedures are but Im afraid of how my insurance will interpret that language.
Yes, I saw another ENT first with my reason for visiting "bad breath from tonsils". If you specify your reason, rather than saying the general "bad breath", your ENT will get right to issue at hand and is more likely to closely inspect your tonsils. Make sure you have him/her check you adenoids too regardless of whether an odor comes out of your nose or not.deekey wrote: Also, did you have to see someone else first before they refered you to the ENT? I think that I read that you have to go see a general doctor first before you get to see specialists such as ENTs, internists, and podiatrists.
You can schedule appointments directly with ENTs where I live. Like I said, that's what I did at first. The first one I went to didn't perform tonsillectomies however so he gave me a list of all those who do in the area (you might try asking your doc for something like this?) . So I just called around for the soonest available appointment times and that's when I found the ENT surgeon/facial surgeon. You should be able to get everything set up in a single trip to the doc if you call around and see who performs tonsillectomies.
it takes time (months) before you see an improvement. just keep using anti-halitosis products and rinsing your sinuses and well...wait it out. wish you all the bestTIREDOFIT wrote:Okay guys - It's sad to say, but I don't think i am curedThe other day I was at a mommies group play date and I was cleaning up the playroom and one of the mommies came in and said..."Someone's poopied." There was only one kid in there and so she checked him and he had not pooped. I didn't smell a thing and I have a pretty normal sense of smell. This same thing has happened to me sooooo many times, so it just brought back all those humiliating times and I was so frickin angry I left right away. I know I can't judge soley on that incident, but really I don't think I am any better. I still have pnd and now it seems to get stuck between my nose and throat. I still have really bad gerd from my hh and the valve being constantly open. My next step is to get surgery for my hh. I need that anyway because the acid is burning my esaphogus and if I let it go for too long I could get cancer. Let's hope that does the trick! I don't regret getting my tonsils out though because they did have a lot of crud in them and I don't want to be 85 and still picking out crud from my tonsils.
I had my tonsils removed three weeks ago and I see an improvement. I have noone to check it or test it but you know the way it feels when you really have BB and when you don`t. I mean it`s not a cure, not 100% at all, but definitely helping. I`ll wait for couple more weeks and then I will try it with someone, maybe I`ll go to a stranger and ask him something from a very close distance.
And the morning breath is less. I couldn`t ask anyone to test it of course
but I feel it`s less.
I don`t know, it might be just a temporary feeling and the strong BB might come back but I hope it won`t.
And the morning breath is less. I couldn`t ask anyone to test it of course
I don`t know, it might be just a temporary feeling and the strong BB might come back but I hope it won`t.
I had my tonsil removed 12 years ago it did not helped my BB, I would not recommend for some of you who think that this is good idea. In fact when it’s little cold my gums swell it feels like if you would get burned from drinking very hot drink. I never had this symptom before. If you don’t get sick, running nose or cold every 3 months DO NOT REMOVE YOUR TONSILS! Too Danger, don’t listen to doctors they want you to proceed with this surgery because they get commissions from it.
CURE can only be found in natural ingredients. Don’t treat the symptoms find the cause!
hi happyman
hmm i think as the mouth is closed little air comes out from nose so no no bad breath comes frm nose why ??/does it make any difference
Tonsilectomy
Hi there,
I stumbled across this site maybe 4 months ago when I was really struggling to cope with bad breath anymore. I thought I was the only one coughing up these smelly globs until I read other posts. Having suffered for more than 10 years of people backing away, the "did you fart"gags, rubbing of noses and people getting mints/gum out in my presence I decided that I would see about getting my tonsils out.
Well I have just returned from the hospital after the procedure and will keep posting on my progess in case anyone else is considering the operation. I am feeling happy already because there is so much more space in my throat now..I didnt realise just how much room my tonsils took up!
I am not sure how it works in the U.S.A in terms of costs but in the uk a private tonsilectomy costs about £2,600 but I got mine on the NHS so it didnt cost me a penny HOWEVER it has taken 4 months from my first GP visit to the operation yesterday. Keep the faith guys!!!!
Chris
I stumbled across this site maybe 4 months ago when I was really struggling to cope with bad breath anymore. I thought I was the only one coughing up these smelly globs until I read other posts. Having suffered for more than 10 years of people backing away, the "did you fart"gags, rubbing of noses and people getting mints/gum out in my presence I decided that I would see about getting my tonsils out.
Well I have just returned from the hospital after the procedure and will keep posting on my progess in case anyone else is considering the operation. I am feeling happy already because there is so much more space in my throat now..I didnt realise just how much room my tonsils took up!
I am not sure how it works in the U.S.A in terms of costs but in the uk a private tonsilectomy costs about £2,600 but I got mine on the NHS so it didnt cost me a penny HOWEVER it has taken 4 months from my first GP visit to the operation yesterday. Keep the faith guys!!!!
Chris
Re: abt tonsillectomy
rahul wrote:hii all
i also have tonsillectomy done n i dont have adenoids but i am sorry to say that it didnt helped anyway.
well after tongue scrapping n washing the tongue with hydrogen peroxide my bb is reduced by 50%.but now what for the rest of 50%????
Hi Rahul,
How much does it cost for Tonsillectomy in India?
Re: I may be cured
Congratulations!!
TIREDOFIT wrote:I just had my tonsils and adenoids out on Friday the 20th. My surgeon said that there was a lot of bacteria in them and that my adenoids were rough and criptic. He was 99% sure that that was where my bb was coming from. I've always felt like I could breath through one nostril better than the other. Now I can breath through both nostrils just fine. I can't tell if my pnd is gone or not. I will report more later.
The recovery has been a lot easier than I've heard so far, but it is only the second day. I hope and pray that my bb days are over!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.