THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Digestive Disorders
Be careful with toxic cleansers and acidic things like vinegar and lemon water. I tried these things and they made my GERD a lot worse! In fact I had the bb before the gerd came along and so I tried this powdered anti toxin, herbal stuff. I took it with orange juice everyday and while doing this I developed gerd. This is why I think that the bb is from the hiatal hernia and the valve being open, not necessarily the gerd itself. Lots of people have a hh and not gerd. So this may be the case for some of you.
How does HH feel??
With HH does it seem like your sternum is "open". Sorry dont know how else to describe it.
My chest feels like my sternum is stretched or open or like my upper stomach has hunger pains as if I havent eaten. Is this HH?
My chest feels like my sternum is stretched or open or like my upper stomach has hunger pains as if I havent eaten. Is this HH?
Like I said, I'm not eloquent enough to explain it, but pH isn't some made up legend. There are involved medical tests that were developed to test ph levels over a period of time. The body reacts to too much acid in the diet. I don't have the time now, but maybe later I'll retrack the sites that I've read and forward the links. Acid reflux and the like aren't new theories.
Whether acid has a great impact on us? Well, I don't know that... None of us have any true answers... not even doctors.
Know what I'm curious about? The connection between sinuses and digestion. That may be a missing link that hasn't been studied. We always think of them as separate problems, but somewhere in there may lie the answer.
As for HappyDays last question... I know that feeling. I always thought that was dehydration.
Whether acid has a great impact on us? Well, I don't know that... None of us have any true answers... not even doctors.
Know what I'm curious about? The connection between sinuses and digestion. That may be a missing link that hasn't been studied. We always think of them as separate problems, but somewhere in there may lie the answer.
As for HappyDays last question... I know that feeling. I always thought that was dehydration.
Dehydration is possible but since I have been drinking so much the last 2 months and its still prevalent then I think it may be something else. Not really sure...
If everything in life needs balance then our ph which is acid and alkaine needs balance. My diet was %95 acid for a long time and it was getting worse so it makes since that something shouldnt be right. Now I am on strict diet to reprogram my insides.
If everything in life needs balance then our ph which is acid and alkaine needs balance. My diet was %95 acid for a long time and it was getting worse so it makes since that something shouldnt be right. Now I am on strict diet to reprogram my insides.
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
elliott wrote:Like I said, I'm not eloquent enough to explain it, but pH isn't some made up legend. There are involved medical tests that were developed to test ph levels over a period of time. The body reacts to too much acid in the diet. I don't have the time now, but maybe later I'll retrack the sites that I've read and forward the links. Acid reflux and the like aren't new theories.
Whether acid has a great impact on us? Well, I don't know that... None of us have any true answers... not even doctors.
Know what I'm curious about? The connection between sinuses and digestion. That may be a missing link that hasn't been studied. We always think of them as separate problems, but somewhere in there may lie the answer.
As for HappyDays last question... I know that feeling. I always thought that was dehydration.
connection between the sinuses and digestion:
i'm more and more convinced that it's there.
i've been focusing on my sinus problems in the last few months. in fact, targeting my seemingly chronic sinus infection has helped - but not gotten rid of my bb. (my docs think that i absolutely need surgery - and we are hoping that getting rid of the pus that must have accumulated in my sinuses for YEARS will help further reduce the odor problem.) yes, i did have to resort to antibiotics. but it has been necessary before i have the time off to do the surgery.
my digestion had improved tenfold (bowel movements as well) while i was on my first course of antibiotics. before that, my bb was getting worse, and i was starting to notice a similar odor in my stools and my bb! but as my infection was cleared (temporarily), that went away as well. not to mention bowel movements were much "easier" and abundant.
after a few months, i'm actually on my second course of antibiotics now as my symptoms had worsened after a few months without meds. with me, the biggest symptom was the bad odor IN the nose. this time, i haven't noticed as drastic of an improvement with my bowel movements, but definitely, i do feel a change in my digestive system as well.
and at least 2 docs have confirmed that it's possible that the bacteria in our sinuses could eventually affect the stomach as we "drink" a huge amount of mucus everyday. so it is actually medically logical that our digestive system is affected by the health of our sinuses.
I've tried the colon cleanse once after developing halitosis and it worked. i used 4 160z cups of water + 2 teaspoon of salt + lemon for taste. i'd drink the 4 160z amount of water every 5 minutes. then i'd go to the bathroom and flush out my system. it's very sickening seeing your you know what, then eventually it will be just yellow water. i know it's sick, then it will become pure clear water, that's when you know your system is all cleaned up. after that my smell was pretty much gone. i had some mentos that day and my cousin who also have halitosis mentioned he smells something sweet and acidic which was the mentos I was eating, it was coming up from my stomach.
http://www.lifeevents.org/salt-water-cleanse.htm here is the website i learned the salt water cleansing from.
my first experience with it was dramatic. feeling so clean inside and full of energy. skin became glowing with life, my honesty and pure intention became noticeable to people and were very happy. i realized that day that most of people's problems weren't outside but inside, spefically their digestive/respiratory system. "feeling like shit" "feeling down" "feeling like hell" "burnt out" "etc."!! are all just symptoms of a badly functioning digestive and respiratory system.
http://www.lifeevents.org/salt-water-cleanse.htm here is the website i learned the salt water cleansing from.
my first experience with it was dramatic. feeling so clean inside and full of energy. skin became glowing with life, my honesty and pure intention became noticeable to people and were very happy. i realized that day that most of people's problems weren't outside but inside, spefically their digestive/respiratory system. "feeling like shit" "feeling down" "feeling like hell" "burnt out" "etc."!! are all just symptoms of a badly functioning digestive and respiratory system.
Of course pH exists... it's a way to measure acid/alkaline levels... but the suggestion that it would be possible to alter the pH in certain parts of the body is not something I have seen proof of. The body has a buffering system which means that if too much acidic or alkaline things enter the system, it adjusts so that the pH stays the sameelliott wrote:Like I said, I'm not eloquent enough to explain it, but pH isn't some made up legend.
Re: How does HH feel??
When you have a HH it effects your diaphragm. Lots of times you have pain when you press on your stomach on the upper left side (your left) just under your rib cage. It's just slightly left of the middle of your rib cage. There is a method to try and slide it back into place. You breath in pushing your stomach out with air while at the same time you push down with your hands on the HH and as you exhale you push hard on the HH and slide your fingers to the left along the rib cage. It hasn't worked for me, but it may for you.HappyDays wrote:With HH does it seem like your sternum is "open". Sorry dont know how else to describe it.
My chest feels like my sternum is stretched or open or like my upper stomach has hunger pains as if I havent eaten. Is this HH?
yeah for me also. infact is switched back to my old diet only eating once a day at night so my breath is not as bad. it is still bad though because particles are still in there you know. unless i do a cleanse but doing a cleanse daily is not so good and very bothersome. (toilet awareness for 2-4 hours)TIREDOFIT wrote:Do you guys notice that your breath is worse after you eat???? It seems as though mine is worse after eating.
I did the salt water colon cleanse yesterday and now I am sure that my stomach caused by HH/Zenkers is the problem. After flushing, my BB smelled a mixture of lemon, bile, salt, and whatever crap my stomach still had in it. The smell was nowhere near as bad old fecal smell but ofcourse still bad. The fact that it improved means doing a complete cleanse will do a lot.
I cleansed with 4 16z of salt water with lemon drops for taste. The cleanse was not complete because the water being flushed was not clear ( i know nasty but hey,,,, you know....) and it should be done for 7 days straight, then doing it every other day till eventually done once a week.
I'm trying to do this cleanse thing in secret from my family because it's just so damm bizarre and my mother will think that anything I"m doing trying to cure myself is the cause of my HH ):
Saying that I will cleanse tommorow (Friday) then hold off for the weekends and start cleansing on Monday morning to Friday Morning. I would like to post a report of it and other benefits of cleansing like feeling light as a feather, feeling very very energized, and skin becoming radiant.
This is not a cure for BB but I believe I can make it work to the point that my BB can be almost not noticeable or atlease smell like you know what. Combined with eating once a day only at night, I think this will really do good.
I cleansed with 4 16z of salt water with lemon drops for taste. The cleanse was not complete because the water being flushed was not clear ( i know nasty but hey,,,, you know....) and it should be done for 7 days straight, then doing it every other day till eventually done once a week.
I'm trying to do this cleanse thing in secret from my family because it's just so damm bizarre and my mother will think that anything I"m doing trying to cure myself is the cause of my HH ):
Saying that I will cleanse tommorow (Friday) then hold off for the weekends and start cleansing on Monday morning to Friday Morning. I would like to post a report of it and other benefits of cleansing like feeling light as a feather, feeling very very energized, and skin becoming radiant.
This is not a cure for BB but I believe I can make it work to the point that my BB can be almost not noticeable or atlease smell like you know what. Combined with eating once a day only at night, I think this will really do good.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.