THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Tonsillectomy diary

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Post by FullOfHope »

Ice wrote:u said ure breath was COMPLETLY GONE FOR YEARS????
are u sure???? i mean GONE???? or was it reduced for like 50% which is alot, but I have doubts that it would completly dissapear. U had no problems with close face to face conversations????
since others who had tonsils removed felt absolutely no relief,that confuses me.


PS: WHAT IS WITH LAVORIS; ANY NEWS???????
No, I mean bad breath was completely gone except for the times when I assume everyone has a problem: first thing in the morning a bit stale, while I'd got a cold or after eating spicy food night before.
I think anyone who's ever suffered with bb is acutely aware when their breath isn't right - it's something you're always aware of.
I haven't had any problems with close contact conversations etc until the past 3 years and that's why i'm now doing everything I can to resolve it again. Just hope it works.
I wasn't aware that others who'd had their tonsils out had no relief - How can this be? I thought it was the tonsil stones which are really smelly that caused it. Have you heard this from other members on this forum or is it from your own experience?
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

good luck for both of you guys!
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

FOH, was your bb completely cured after you had your tonsils first taken out? Was that the sole cause of your bb? If indeed that was the source of your bacteria, I'm really encouraged and impatient to get mine taken out. Ah...hope...
Chris28
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Chris28 »

Thanx Emotionalrescue :)

I am so happy today. On waking up my mouth wasnt rancid..this is the first time in years. I brushed my teeth at 9am and sat here typing this my mouth still feels clean. Clean of both the post-tonsilectomy smell AND tonsil stones. There is also no soreness to my throat, just a different sensation on swallowing. The white coating is again significantly reduced

I hope this is the shape of things to come \:D/
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

That's awesome news Chris!!
Chris28
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Chris28 »

I'm excited. Not sure I can trust my breath 100% yet so wont be racing out to talk to people face to face yet but feel optimistic today. I reckon any trace of post operative smells will be gone by friday so will trust it more after that date. I hope nothing changes!!!
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Post by FullOfHope »

hopeful wrote:FOH, was your bb completely cured after you had your tonsils first taken out? Was that the sole cause of your bb? If indeed that was the source of your bacteria, I'm really encouraged and impatient to get mine taken out. Ah...hope...
Yes must have been because I've had nothing for years until recently. As I said, you can have more than one cause but if you've got tonsil stones that counts as a definite part of the problem so having tonsils out can only make breath better if not completely better.
Another thing is, maybe people on this forum don't hang around long enough after a tonsillectomy to tell a success story - the fresh breath doesn't happen overnight after surgery. Maybe by the time it takes them to realise their breath is ok they've moved on. Lets face it, I wouldn't be here telling you my success story from 30 years ago if it wasn't for the fact that I'm doing it all over again because they grew back. Believe me, to go through this pain twice must mean that I'm well and truly convinced!!
When do you get yours taken out - is it soon? Hope it works for you.
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Post by FullOfHope »

Chris28 wrote:Thanx Emotionalrescue :)

I am so happy today. On waking up my mouth wasnt rancid..this is the first time in years. I brushed my teeth at 9am and sat here typing this my mouth still feels clean. Clean of both the post-tonsilectomy smell AND tonsil stones. There is also no soreness to my throat, just a different sensation on swallowing. The white coating is again significantly reduced

I hope this is the shape of things to come \:D/
Really pleased for you Chris, sounds like we need more positive endings on this forum!
Can't wait for my post-tonsillectomy smell to go although it is better today.
Keep up the diary I'm sure all reading it are anxious for you.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

what we need is a list of all forum members who have had the surgery. Divide that list into those who felt they had a successful surgery and those who felt little or no relief. Then we need to list the symptoms of all those people and determine what the correlation is. We might be able to determine what symptoms people have that make for a successful surgery, and those that don't.
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Post by FullOfHope »

I fully agree elliot what a sensible idea one of the best suggestions here. I'm roaming around the site wondering who's had what done, what the results were and then forget most of it! I think it'd be not only interesting but hugely useful and informative for people trying to make a decision. We would be conducting our own survey with all the results in one place.
We should also differentiate between laser and traditional methods. I've heard that laser can leave residual growth that can be problematic later on.
Now that you've hit on such a good idea - how do we go about getting it up and running?
Chris28
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Chris28 »

Couldent agree more. That is a great idea elliott

how are you coping post-op fullofhope? taste still constant?
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Post by FullOfHope »

thanks for asking how I am chris. Just like you, at this moment I'm greatly resisting the temptation to be overly optimistic although since you ask...the signs are all good.
I woke up today with the freshest (but not completely you understand!) breath I've had this past 3 years. Couldn't believe it and thought I was still asleep and dreaming. It returned as soon as I got out of bed and stood up but it wasn't there while I was lying down ???? I wonder why ?? Anyway I brushed my teeth, scraped my tongue and had a glass of water and the smell/taste went and hasn't returned all day - amazing since I still have the white scab things at the back of my throat. For the past 3 years I've woken up with the most awful sour taste at the back of my throat and it used to make me feel sick it was so strong. The whole bedroom used to be full of the smell.

Had to visit my GP yesterday because I was in so much pain - I couldn't speak let alone eat anything and thought I'd maybe got an infection. He said I hadn't and I was healing ok but the reason for the acute pain was because I'd had a tremendous amount of tissue removed and the area was very large. He said it may take another week to settle and to just eat liquid food like soup. I felt better just knowing that and feel so good because at the moment my breath is acceptably good.
What I don't understand is why so much tissue had to be removed because my tonsil regrowth was only tiny. Does this signify that it's what's going on underneath the actual tonsil, any maybe it's like a well or something and they don't know how badly the accumulation of bacteria is until they get in there?? Does anyone reading this know?

Are you still making good progress chris? I really hope so because I know from experience that a good result will change your life completely.
HappyDays
Advanced
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by HappyDays »

chris and hope

did you both have bb from the nose also? I am 6 days from my surgery and you experiences are making me feel really good.
Chris28
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Chris28 »

Yeah I'm good fullofhope :)
My breath is much improved and everyday the white coating is reduced. Today there is a little on each side.

What I am working on now is getting myself mentally/socially retrained. I went for lunch yesterday with a friend and were sat opposite each other throughout talking. This used to send me into a panic and I would find myself leaning back in chair and looking anxious. I had to TELL myself to relax and I didnt really notice any of the reactions people get from stinky breath. Today I had another friend look in my mouth.lol. That would have NEVER happened before. so my focus now whether or not my breath ends ups 100% nice is to reprogram my mind about my BB and try to erase all the painfull social reactions etc.
Chris28
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Chris28 »

Hey happdays,
I don't think my BB ever came from my nose because when I shut my mouth and breathed through it on buses and in social situations I couldent smell anything. Also there were no reactions from others. It was only when I opened my mouth did people back away, get that confused look on thier faces or fuss with thier noses.

I am glad this thread has made you feel positive though \:D/ I hope we all find some relief from the operation-but we have to be realistic too. This may not be the answer...dosen't hurt to try though right? :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗