THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
another disappointing ENT visit....
another disappointing ENT visit....
Just had my 2nd visit to my ENT.....I was so nervous and prayed this time he could help me.....I came prepared this time, brought lots of questions for him and info from this website, he read everything......last time he told me to go home and drink lots of water {thanks a lot jack ass}.....this time he did examine me way more closely.....told me I have very shallow crypts with NO tonsil stones in them....told me my tonsils are not swollen and they look very normal.....and no way would he take them out without a good reason.....said adults have no adenoids, they are shriveled up.....he said my tongue looked great, not hairy looking......he said all the products that I have tried, a $1000 worth off the internet, are all a scam......said my BB must come from anerobic bacteria....and finally he said to go home and try eating parsley.....when I asked him what other doctor I could go to.....he said try Mayo Clinic......I cried in my car on the way home.....this fuckin' sucks so bad......why can't I find help?
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
-
FullOfHope
- Newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
- Location: UK
Re: another disappointing ENT visit....
Hi Missy - really feel for you. Don't know where you're from but I live in the uk and the only way to get anyone to take you seriously here is to put a whole load of emphasis on sore throats/ tonsillitis/neck & ear pain etc.missy wrote:Just had my 2nd visit to my ENT.....I was so nervous and prayed this time he could help me.....I came prepared this time, brought lots of questions for him and info from this website, he read everything......last time he told me to go home and drink lots of water {thanks a lot jack ass}.....this time he did examine me way more closely.....told me I have very shallow crypts with NO tonsil stones in them....told me my tonsils are not swollen and they look very normal.....and no way would he take them out without a good reason.....said adults have no adenoids, they are shriveled up.....he said my tongue looked great, not hairy looking......he said all the products that I have tried, a $1000 worth off the internet, are all a scam......said my BB must come from anerobic bacteria....and finally he said to go home and try eating parsley.....when I asked him what other doctor I could go to.....he said try Mayo Clinic......I cried in my car on the way home.....this fuckin' sucks so bad......why can't I find help?
They simply don't understand the awful demoralising effect bb has, it makes you feel dirty all the time.
I had loads of sore throats and I saw ent specialist several times but every time I went I hadn't got a sore throat so my tonsils appeared normal. He needed to see them when I'd got a sore throat. I finally managed to get to see him when my throat was bad and he agreed to take them out. Hallelujah!
Not true to say adults have no adenoids - yes they get smaller with age but sometimes they don't go away completely and even the smallest remains can cause problems. Did he check up your nose with a long tube with a light on the end of it? (A something 'scope).
Have you got tonsil stones?
Not a very sympathetic doctor, a lot of this depends on who you get. Keep persevering.
Don't suppose you could afford private treatment?
What if it's true that your tonsils arent the problem? It's not proven 100% to be the cause of BB. It could be a good thing. Have you seen a gastronterologist? They'll go a bit further than the tonsils and you can see if there is a problem. Perhaps you might look into surgery for HH? I know I've been really considering doing that before the tonsils, but it's just a thought at the moment.
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
hi missy-sorry to hear about your visit. i just wanted to point out one thing-there's been lots of talk about taking out the tonsils as a solution to bad breath. but i'm actually someone whose bad breath didn't develop until AFTER my tonsils were taken out.
so though i understand your frustration, please remember that tonsils may not be everyone's cause of bb.
so though i understand your frustration, please remember that tonsils may not be everyone's cause of bb.
My ENT visits have been nothing but disappointing. Chronic halitosis is a weird problem man. It doesn't matter how good your ent is or what quality he has, I do not think he knows the answer. He was and will never be trained to treat chronic halitosis. Even the so-called specialists do nothing but sell mouthwash. There's no way there will ever be a cure for this, because they don't even take us serious. All the ent's are clueless just like we are.
Right now you'll have to do the trial and error method. Maybe you should start with your tonsils.
Right now you'll have to do the trial and error method. Maybe you should start with your tonsils.
Well. Said. Period. No one with normal breath can help you. That's why this board is more important than the ENT. The more we know and understand, the better we can benefit from trial and error.Busted wrote:My ENT visits have been nothing but disappointing. Chronic halitosis is a weird problem man. It doesn't matter how good your ent is or what quality he has, I do not think he knows the answer. He was and will never be trained to treat chronic halitosis. Even the so-called specialists do nothing but sell mouthwash. There's no way there will ever be a cure for this, because they don't even take us serious. All the ent's are clueless just like we are.
Right now you'll have to do the trial and error method. Maybe you should start with your tonsils.
missy: Don't let one Dr's lack of assistance stop you! Get out the yellow pages and find another ENT and tell him your main reason for the visit is to find the source of your BB. When the nurse asks you the reason for the visit, just lie, and say you're haviing sinus problems. Tonsils may not be your problem , but there are other things the ENT can look at and rule out. Tell him its affected your work and that your boss said you had a breath problem. Say whatever it takes to make the dr take you seriously. Good Luck!
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
hey missy-i haven't been logging on as much and trying to not let bb rule my life as much as well. summer has been a lot easier for me with indoor ac and being outside in general. hopefully the winter will not prove to be depressing.missy wrote:waitingforelief....where have you been?....you and I seem to have lots of things in common and I have missed you......my ENT will not answer me when I ask him about how bad my BB is......says his sense of smell is not good.....what a cowardly bastard....just tell me like a man.
anyway, one of my ENTs also said that he had a "notoriously bad sense of smell", but i actually believed him. some people just do. in any case, my bb definitely has improved ever since i tackled the problem of sinus infections. i haven't had a chance to have my sinus surgery-i'm hoping that it would further improve my situation.
in any case, i'm having other problems with my health right now that proves to be even more annoying than the bb. so this is on the backburner anyway.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.