THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Sour breath - a cure for me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Sour breath - a cure for me

Post by FullOfHope »

Hi Guys & Gals!
I've read on this forum that quite a few of you are suffering from sour tasting/smelling bb. Well, I had my tonsils removed recently and although this cured the main cause of my bb I was still left with that awful sour tasting/smelling breath especially first thing in the morning.
I've said on this forum several times that there is possibly more than one reason for our suffering and this is certainly true in my case.
I explained it to my dentist last week and asked him if he could recommend anything and he told me to use a mouthwash called 'Corsodyl'. I though oh yeah, yet another useless product but being the optimist that I am I tried it.
What do you know, it works! I only use it once a day before I go to bed and my breath is fresh when I wake up, it hasn't been like this for years! Once or twice the sour taste has returned during the day and if I suck a chewable vitamin C it goes. (Read about the Vit C here on this forum and thanks for that!) I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it's worked for me.
I'm in the UK so don't know if Corsodyl is available everywhere but the active ingredient is 'chlorhexidine digluconate'. My dentist said to use it one week on and one week off because it can discolour teeth. Don't know how I'll feel about that - I'll maybe carry on and put up with a slight discolouration rather than have the awful breath. Also, I have to dilute it 50/50 with water because it's too strong for my mouth.
Anyway thought I had to share this with you and even if I only help one person it's worth it! Good luck to you all and please, never give up hope. \:D/
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

I tried this product ages ago. It's one of those mouthwashes that contains Chlorhexidine gluconate. I didn't work one bit for me unfortenately.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

This sounds like another case of mouthwash covering the taste in your mouth. I remember when I used listerine before bed, and the sour taste was gone for the entire next afternoon. Thought my odor was gone, until I spoke to a coworker. Careful with mouthwash. Without the taste, you forget you have BB and you speak more freely...then you get a rude awakening! ](*,)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗