THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
hairy tongue
hairy tongue
my tongue looks hairy can this causes my bad breath?

the hairier your tongue is, the more places bacteria can hide..
i'm confident that hairy tongue is absolutley not a cause of bad breath.. it might make any kind of breath worse, but there's something behind the scenes that's feeding that horrible bacteria onto your tongue
as anyone here would suggest, get a TUNG brush.. someone's even claimed that his tongue's become less hairy after repeated uses.
i'm confident that hairy tongue is absolutley not a cause of bad breath.. it might make any kind of breath worse, but there's something behind the scenes that's feeding that horrible bacteria onto your tongue
as anyone here would suggest, get a TUNG brush.. someone's even claimed that his tongue's become less hairy after repeated uses.
I'd say mike is spot on. While a hairy tongue will definately hold more bacteria it is not the "cause" of halitosis. Something is either providing a constant source of bad bacteria or we are lacking something that healthy people have to stop the production of volatile sulphur compounds. Everyone is different, but i think i am in the latter group as the product smartmouth works for me by stoping bad bacteria from eating proteins and leaving bad smelling waste behind.
if you think your bad breath is coming soley from the tongue give it a try along with some good tongue cleaning products.
if you think your bad breath is coming soley from the tongue give it a try along with some good tongue cleaning products.
the hairy scary tongue
I am almost positive that tongue stuff, hairy, caked on plaque, is not the cause but a contributor.
And due to certain circumstances, the tongue can become worse. I had been dehydrated and not eating properly due to stress. I have had a crowd of plaque hanging out on my tongue.
The Tung brush can do nothing for it except to make it sore.
But cleaning your mouth thoroughly, tongue and all, is just part of the process of keeping our oral cavities as clean as they can possibly be.
And I agree there is something strange going on in our mouths and throats that don't add up. If I had a mouth full of cavities; and blood spewing out of my gums; or loose teeth; I would expect the odor.
However, that is not the case. Most mouths are very healthy; but they smell fetid.
I recently started gargling way back with warm to hot water after I brush, floss, tung brush. This warmer water; almost hot seems to break down the bacteria a bit more.
No cure of course, just keeps it back a little bit.
I have also been adding B2 capsules; I open them up and put them on the toothbrush and brush with it. B2 is supposed to be the odor eliminator factor; so I tried it. With a bit of success.
Keep on trying. LJ
And due to certain circumstances, the tongue can become worse. I had been dehydrated and not eating properly due to stress. I have had a crowd of plaque hanging out on my tongue.
The Tung brush can do nothing for it except to make it sore.
But cleaning your mouth thoroughly, tongue and all, is just part of the process of keeping our oral cavities as clean as they can possibly be.
And I agree there is something strange going on in our mouths and throats that don't add up. If I had a mouth full of cavities; and blood spewing out of my gums; or loose teeth; I would expect the odor.
However, that is not the case. Most mouths are very healthy; but they smell fetid.
I recently started gargling way back with warm to hot water after I brush, floss, tung brush. This warmer water; almost hot seems to break down the bacteria a bit more.
No cure of course, just keeps it back a little bit.
I have also been adding B2 capsules; I open them up and put them on the toothbrush and brush with it. B2 is supposed to be the odor eliminator factor; so I tried it. With a bit of success.
Keep on trying. LJ
found an interesting article on the subject. Apparently there IS a proceedure where the hairy pappilae of the tongue can be surgically smoothed out. read on
http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic639.htm
http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic639.htm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.