Page 2 of 2
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 pm
by Archimonde
hopefulnblessed wrote: I eat very well. Always have. Fries, burgers, etc.
Amen
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 pm
by halitosisux
thf, you really need to make sure you are free of h.pylori because there's lots of evidence linking this infection with BB. Possibly because of the effects of gastritis this gives, but could be for as yet unexplained reasons.
h.p. can be eradicated successfully, but sometimes you need to go through several attempts, usually because of antibiotic resistance.
There are quite a few threads on here discussing it.
You might be eradicating it and then reinfecting yourself through pets etc.. dogs carry hp too and they can infect humans when they are allowed to lick faces.
Hopefulnblessed, might it be that your breath is good but because you are now much more conscious of your mouth and its tastes and odours, you just dont feel confident? The only real way to know if you still have BB is if someone can actually say it to your face and admit that you do, or someone you trust had told you about your BB but is now able to say you dont have it.
Hopfulnblessed, so you are underweight too?
Who else is underweight?
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:42 am
by TeamZissou
I'm also what I'd consider to be underweight. I'm around 6'0 or 6'1 and weigh around 145 lbs. I also have digestion issues like bloating. Have been to dentists and ENT's who said everything was normal.
I can also feel that acid or something else is refluxing into my throat area. I don't get heartburn or anything like that, but I can feel a slight burning higher up. When I drink alcohol, I also get this burning sensation in my throat for a little while after, as if the alcohol has aggravated previously damaged tissue.
Not sure if this is related to bile though.
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 am
by Archimonde
I used to be overweight when i was a teen, i doubt there's a link between BB and being under weight. If i started eating junk food again, i'd be over weight again.
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 am
by TeamZissou
The underweight thing could be a coincidence, but there do seem to be a lot of underweight people around here.
That doesn't meant it's the cause or that it's relevant for everyone. But it seems pretty possible its related for some.
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:16 am
by hopefulnblessed
Archimonde that was funny!!!
I was trying to say that I eat ALOT of food. Just don't gain weight.
Hali, I could be more paranoid. I will try to find somebody in my family and ask them.
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:34 pm
by Jimi Stein
I know my bb is connected with bile and liver, when I was on raw food and bb was slowly vanishing, I had strong pressure in bile ducts, like the stones were melting and each day my breath was better, that was period that my bb was improving very fast.
So i know my bile ducts are messed up, full of stones.
If I would be certain that I would get rid of bb I would cut it out for sure.
But till we are certain, nobody do it please.

Reply to: Bile Reflux
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:33 am
by jeffreyfrog
If you have reflux, the flap at the beginning of the stomach doesn't close fully. slow down on the carbonated drinks. take an antacid before eating to curb the reflux. And do not eat to much spicy.
http://doctorfinders.com/grs.php
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 am
by Sally
I'm also convinced that it's my stomach problems causing my BB, I've had bad acid relux for years now even though Ive totally changed my diet to try to eliminate it... no joy
I now dont eat any wheat or yeast products and try to eat fruit and veg and fish..
I find that if I do eat bread for instance then I get BB within a few hours ...
I've even given up my beloved bagels !
Am waiting to see a gastroenterologist in the hospital but I fear a bit of a long wait !!
x
Sally