Page 3 of 5

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:54 pm
by mike987
@ californication:

Oh, beg your pardon. :-$

So you can smell your own breath from that cup? I can't smell my own breath unless someone else is breathing near my face... Like I can only catch it in carbon dioxide back draft. Not sure what you mean by 'hot breath'.


Er... wait, you collected an entire cup over a period of time, then uncovered it, it order to smell it? Or can you always smell it?

How do you know the back of your tongue smells? Can you smell your own tongue like that?

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm
by californication
ok i did it for a week.
if i wipe my tongue it doesnt smell but i had this heavy saliva in the back almost the feeling of mucus which was clear and thick which smelled. i only did it to see what other ppl were smelling on me.
ive thrown the container out a long time ago but the smell almost made me gag.

can you smell your breath when someone talks in your face
?

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 pm
by mike987
I know what you mean about the clear thick mucus. That seems to be covering my entire mouth constantly. Not sure if its presence is unusual or every person has that and it's just the bacteria in our mouths that are out of whack.

It's been called bio-film, around here recently.


Yeah, my breath smells like ... uugh.. like poop farts. God it's humiliating just saying that. Anyway, it's not the breath of other people, and it's not a fart cause I can only smell it for a second. It's a wisp of a scent that I'll only catch for a moment, either when I'm near someone or when there's a room full of people (lots of carbon dioxide) and as I move through it I can sometimes smell it.

But anyway, the shocking and unpleasant thing is that what I can smell of my own breath around other people is the same smell of whatever my bowels are smelling like at the time... It's like there's a little pipe branching off my intestines and plugging directly into my lungs.. I can say this silly thing with certainty because I've taken a crap not long after catching whiffs of my own breath and it's the same damn smell.


How soon did you find relief using the baking soda gargle? Tried it last night for long time, at least 20 minutes while I was in the shower, and also this morning, for about 5 or so. Didn't notice a change.. Breath feels heavy like usual.. I'm worried I got the wrong kind of Baking Soda though... I'm in Japan and it's not so common here, and it seems to be in a different form than at home. Teeth feel kind of raw, even now..

What's the texture of your Baking Soda? Mine's granular, like a sugar or salt, though I forget what Baking Soda back home is like.. Isn't it more like Flour in texture?

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:24 pm
by waitingforrelief
yes, baking soda should be more like flour.

if you're convinced that your bb is from your bowels, try the align digestive probiotics.
i used to feel the same way, that my poop smelled like my breath. anyway, i also had a LOT of digestive issues, i mean lots. like really bad.

but using align had helped me a whole lot. i had never had anything that was such a magic pill - just wish that it was for my breath too! but it doesn't do anything for that. i haven't smelled my pooopy smell on my breath for a long time, but i still have bb.

i definitely have that bio-film stuff going on here. all over my mouth, but it is especially heavy in the back of the tongue/throat area. i tried the baking soda thing today. i realized that when i gargle and rinse, that whole part in the middle of my mouth actually doesn't really get rinsed very well. so today i concentrated in arranging my body in a way that i can get to it a lot. and it' seems to have helped a littl ebit. normally, after rinsing, brushing, etc., that whole area doesn't feel At ALL improved. but today becasue i concentrated on that area, i don't know if i'm imagining things - but it seemed to have felt cleaner afterwards.

so i'll stick to that and see.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 pm
by mike987
Found another Baking Soda that had much smaller grains than the one I was using... Didn't rough my teeth up as much... Not sure it's doing anything though. Mouth does feel fresher but that's all I can say about it.


Also managed to find Hydrogen Peroxide, which goes by a different name here... Maybe I shouldn't have done it, but after I rinsed out my tooth brushes in a cup of it, I sipped a fair amount, undiluted, and swished it for about 30 seconds.. Wow, it was like having pop rocks in my mouth!

Anyway, Hydrogen Peroxide is some crazy stuff.. my mouth started burning in some places, and there was foam across where my wisdom tooth used to be and stung a bit there... but that area doesn't usually hurt, maybe once in awhile I get a little sore back in that area but that's it.

But anyway, my entire tongue foamed up and what I guess is dead bacteria just sloughed off leaving my tongue quite pink.. it was nice.... And I woke up with just a wee bit of self detectable morning breath, but my tongue was mostly pink and felt kind of fresh after a minute awake.

I did a really short rinse of diluted hydrogen peroxide this morning after doing a baking soda gargle... My mouth felt fresher all day, but I didn't make it half way through the day before some of the white layer started coming back.

Not sure if it had any effect on my breath though.. I hung out with my love interest today, and we picked up garbage in the river, which was fun, and hard work... I didn't get lunch as soon as my body wanted it, which activated my bowel problem, and I've been gassy all day because of that, so I'm not sure if my BB was there along with it or not. One time I was pretty sure I got a whiff of it... later when I was gassy it was the same smell, so I suppose it was me after all.

I don't know how, that is, in what way, my bowels are related to my BB... Is it the bacteria causing the problem in my bowels coming up and hanging out in my mouth?, or I wonder if, no matter how clean my mouth is, the air coming from my lungs is already of the same nature as the gas in my bowels.. Hmm....


But what's everyone's experiences with Hydrogen Peroxide? Any negative effect of using it often? My mouth doesn't feel dry or anything, but if I continue using it will it dry my mouth up? Anything else I should be concerned about?

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 am
by waitingforrelief
so i've been using the baking soda rinse for the last few days.

it seemed to have started to help after 2, 3 days. it didn't get rid of my bb, but it made my saliva stink less, if you know what i mean. when i wipe my mouth wiht my hand on my lips then smell it, it doesn't stink the way it did. but by last night, it got pretty bad again. and i still have that problem of my saliva getting more sticky at night, and my mouth getting drier in the evening despite water intake.

and by today, i felt like my breath was quite bad again. i was out all day - i came home and tried to do the rinse again - i added some peppermint oil into the baking soda just to make it taste a little fresher. i'm not sure if it's helping. i'm starting to feel a bit crazy, not knowing when i'm imagining smells and when i'm not.

anyway, there's a possible side effect so far. my lips have become very dry and chapped. my skin has even cracked, and the weather is not at all dry here. so i think it has something to do with the baking soda.

anyway, i'll keep doing it. i just hope that this won't make it worse!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 am
by nicc
I still don't get if californication's improvement is due to baking soda or h.p. ... in the first post she says baking soda has solved the issue. then she says baking soda only washes away the stench, then again she talks about h.p. as the solution for her tongue... then she is not using anything at all...

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 am
by BBman
I seem to have the same fart breath as you do Mike, can relate to many symptoms you've mentioned. Have you ruled out the possibility of candida? I was into this track of it being candida and im also thinking of doing a test or it, but today I woke up with the typical smell of fart in my mouth. Ive been taking omeprazol pensa since my doctor said I had stomach acid problems but this hasn't helped much against my breath so im pretty sure it is coming from my stomach.

Fortunately I live in a country where healthcare is pretty much free so I have the possibility of ruling different deseases out with not a alot of expence-

I would be really thankful if could you list the different things I should get me tested for. Im going to see a doctor tomorrow so would like list with me or be a little prepared so he would take me serious about this problem.

My symptoms is very like yours Mike. I would rarely have solid pieces of stool, my shit can vary in color from like orange to even green :shock: and sometimes depending on my diet it wont even smell like shit should more like dead sewer.

I too have this white film on my tongue, Ive bought hydrogen peroxide a couple of days ago, tried it out and thought it helped me but I dont really know if it just cleared the nasty taste in the mouth or actually getting rid of the breath. after taking this I dont know but felt like my tounge got a bit hairy thats why im also a little bit afraid to use this shit although i dilute it using the 3% bottle.

I too used to have alot of gases and tummy aches in the morning and still has maybe not as much since if changed my diet. I get gases when eating simple things as white rice or just ordinary food. Only thing I can eat without getting gases is Quinoa seeds with some fish which is very boring in the long run and made me loss almost 4 kilos in just a couple of weeks.

Anyways I have to get rid of this problem as soon as possible because as you all know this is literally destroying our lifes. SO I will do anything in my power to find the solution for this problem I will try my self for every possible germ, bacteria or parasite which may be the cause for this problem.

Plz respond as soon as you see this mike !!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:22 pm
by mike987
BBman wrote:I seem to have the same fart breath as you do Mike, can relate to many symptoms you've mentioned. Have you ruled out the possibility of candida? I was into this track of it being candida and im also thinking of doing a test or it, but today I woke up with the typical smell of fart in my mouth. Ive been taking omeprazol pensa since my doctor said I had stomach acid problems but this hasn't helped much against my breath so im pretty sure it is coming from my stomach.

Fortunately I live in a country where healthcare is pretty much free so I have the possibility of ruling different deseases out with not a alot of expence-

I would be really thankful if could you list the different things I should get me tested for. Im going to see a doctor tomorrow so would like list with me or be a little prepared so he would take me serious about this problem.

My symptoms is very like yours Mike. I would rarely have solid pieces of stool, my shit can vary in color from like orange to even green :shock: and sometimes depending on my diet it wont even smell like shit should more like dead sewer.

I too have this white film on my tongue, Ive bought hydrogen peroxide a couple of days ago, tried it out and thought it helped me but I dont really know if it just cleared the nasty taste in the mouth or actually getting rid of the breath. after taking this I dont know but felt like my tounge got a bit hairy thats why im also a little bit afraid to use this shit although i dilute it using the 3% bottle.

I too used to have alot of gases and tummy aches in the morning and still has maybe not as much since if changed my diet. I get gases when eating simple things as white rice or just ordinary food. Only thing I can eat without getting gases is Quinoa seeds with some fish which is very boring in the long run and made me loss almost 4 kilos in just a couple of weeks.

Anyways I have to get rid of this problem as soon as possible because as you all know this is literally destroying our lifes. SO I will do anything in my power to find the solution for this problem I will try my self for every possible germ, bacteria or parasite which may be the cause for this problem.

Plz respond as soon as you see this mike !!

I haven't ruled out Candida.. In fact, I tend to not take that seriously since it seems to have about every symptom under the sun and hundreds of crazy hippie solutions that never work... Anyway, I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just focusing on things that are more evident I suppose.

I actually have green shit every once in awhile too.. Maybe once a month or so. But mostly it's chocolatey brown (haha sorry) with an orange tint... Sometimes it's more like clay that you'd find by digging into the dirt.

It's rarely solid.. I can't remember my last solid shit... Most of the time crapping is like blowing mud out of a tuba.. It's like melty icecream sloppiness. It's not really diarrhea, it's just soft and gloppy and just drops out of my ass. Forgive me.

If I ever get hungry (which is about every 3 hours of not eating food) it's too late and I start getting gassing... I stay gassy for the rest of the day.. Even if I burp or fart the gas out, it just keeps blowing me up like a balloon.


Yeah, I think my shit also smells extra bad.. Back when I guess I first noticed this problem, about 4 years ago, it smelled like Rotten Eggs.. Pure rotten eggs. It was horrendous.. Sewery, Rotten eggs smell. These days it doesn't have the rotten eggs smell for whatever reason, but rather than rotten eggs, my breath now smells like really foul ass gas, the kind that comes out with a turd. It's such a bizarre and seemingly unnatural problem to have. What a curse.


Anyway, BBman. I've only been investigating the Bowel problem angle for a couple months.. I was always stuck on the idea that it was a Sinus issue, but since I have to do a lot of speaking at my job now, I've noticed my breath more and more, and caught on that I literally have shit breath, since it's the exact same smell as the shit I'm storing at the time.

May be unrelated.. don't know. Could be an effect of the gas, I occasionally get a couple sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. No idea what that could be.

Here's what might be responsible for at least the bowels problem (and I'm hoping is also the breath problem):

- Parasite Infection
- SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)
- H. Pylori (Helicobacter pylori Bacteria)
- C. Diff (Clostridium Difficile Bacteria)
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Food Allergy (Maybe Gluten Allergy?)

When I went to the Gastroenterologist for the first time a couple weeks ago, they set me up for a stomach scoping. Apparently everything seemed okay, but there was a scar from an ulcer I had at some time. The doctor said I have mild gastritis and put me on meds that didn't do anything.. Reduced the morning gassiness by maybe 10 or 20 percent, but didn't solve a damn thing.

So I went back... The doctor I talked to looked at my papers and stuff, asked the same kinds of questions the other doctor who was there before had asked.. then said 'hmm' a bunch, then said I probably have IBS.. Which I think might be BS. Wikipedia page says IBS shouldn't be diagnosed without ruling out everything else....

So now I'm taking medication I'm suppose to take with food, which I guess is suppose to help digest it... It hasn't done anything the last 3 days I take it. And, like I said, my gassiness is worse when I'm not even eating food.. so....

I'm just really thinking it's probably a parasite, or a bad bacterial infestation.



Guh. Well if you don't pay for healthcare, I recommend having your stomach scoped, your colon scoped, before they start putting you on meds for something. I hate how doctors operate. Rather than just test for everything, they do one test and then put you on drugs for something that it miiiight be. Ugh.

So yeah, get scoped in both ends... See what they say.
Get a blood test for Parasites, Liver function, every possible thing you can.

Wish I could help more,but that's about all I know on the matter.

Heh, please solve this issue and tell me how I can solve it myself!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 pm
by BBman
The last time I got checked they also took a bloodtest on me to see if I was allergic to something. they tested me for gluten allergy and a couple of other things like lactose intolerance and if my metabolism was normal and also if my liver and kidney levels where fine. So today I actually got the phonecall I was waiting for from my doctor after going to the clinic and begging for it. My doctor said that everything seemed fine unles my kidney levels which were a bit weird, and I got it stated for a fact that I am lactose intolerant. I also said to her in this phone call that my breath was still bad even though Ive been taking the omeprazol, and she said to me -

"well Im sorry but I cant help you with that, BB isn't a desease" yes of course its not a desease, its just been destroying my life but hey it wont kill me right? Idiot doctor such insensative. Anyways I told her that I still am gassy and that my shit is orange and even green sometimes. So she said that she wanted me to come over tomorrow and do some more tests like the kidney test again, a piss test and a stool test to see if I got parasites or some kind of bacteria. Its weird but i almost hope I have parasites incase it might be the reason why my breath smells like pure fart :cry:. Anyways I will return with details on how it went tomorrow.

Mike about the solid shit thing, its has been the same for me as you describes it haha pretty nasty. But after ive been taking digestive enzymes the stool has been pretty solid. I dont think we can digest food so good. in all cooked foods as you probably know the enzymes break down and the body doesnt get any help digesting it. I think you should try it though it hasnt helped me with my BB which is the main thing we all care about right.
Now i gotta get some good night sleep, have some major shitting to do tomorrow :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am
by faithful1
I have the same problem with the white coated tongue, excessive gas, and of course bad breath. I've dealt with this everyday since childhood and just recently I've starting researching the cause more.
I always thought it was my teeth/gums but after deep cleaning the BB did not improve. The only thing that helps it is using probiotics directly on my tongue. I went to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and after first promising me that I did not have candida I convinced him to do a lab test. And guess what?? It was candida.
Candida is an overgrowth of yeast due to an imbalance in the gut (hence the gas.) Lately I have been opening capsules of probiotics (like Acidophillus) and placing the powder on my tongue for about 5 mins at a time before scraping it off with a spoon. A lot of the white comes off and it does improve breath SOME.
For my long term solution I plan on getting a colonoscopy and trying to re-balance my gut with probiotics. I know this sounds unpleasant, but probiotic enemas also seem to help some.
I get so depressed over this but I am blessed that I have discovered what the problem is so I can begin to resolve it with the help of God. I am so blessed to have found this website because it has helped me tremendously.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am
by halitosisux
Hi, what kind of test did you have to determine that you have candida?
It's incredible how your doctors havent tested for parasites and for helicobacter, with the symptoms being decribed.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm
by BBman
I also would like to know what kind of test you did faithful1.

I found this site which I found very useful about candida.

http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/articles-31.html

there's alot of info about how to test yourself for candida, and how to fight this yeast

"CANDIDA TREATMENT PROTOCOL
The Candida Treatment Protocol that I have used successfully for a number of years has five basic objectives:

1. First, starve the Candida by eliminating the foods mentioned above that feed it.

2. Second, to kill the Candida through the use of anti-Candida products mentioned below.

3. Repopulate the bowel flora with a high-potency probiotic such as Culturelle which contains 20 billion live bacteria.

4. Regulate the dysbiosis and convert the pathological, mycelial form of Candida back to the normal form by the use of Sanum remedies mentioned below.

5. Restore biochemical balance to the body and strength to the immune system, which will allow the body once again to regain and maintain control over Candida growth by optimizing the diet – this would involve avoiding food intolerances and following the Metabolic Type Diet by Wolcott combined with the Blood Group diet by Dr. Peter D’Adamo. "


It also lists a couple of anti fungal products which is suppose to be very effective against candida, I think you all should read up on that site and tell me your opinion about it. I think this is the most usefull information I have got about candida and how to get rid of it.

about my stool and pee test I did them both today, and will be getting the results in about a week, maybe sooner if I am on their asses nagging :).

A little about my problem.
I've had my fart BB problem since a couple of years back(im 22) although I cant really remember when it started it wasn't as bad then as it has become now for some reason. Before I remember I could get the who farted comment when I was hungry or early in the morning going to school with no food in my tummy. the BB went away after I ate, or at least I think because I wouldnt get comments from friends at other times. since lately ive got fart breath more frequently even like 30 min after eating. I can only speculate why this is but I believe my eating habits where the cause and perhaps stress. The last year I started training lifting weights.

I started to eat out alot, mainly fast food type of food. I also started taking protein powder before and after training which I regret ALOT now because I know now that this is pure garbage for your stomach.

I also started eating alot of sweets which I have never really done before in my life(never had a single hole in any of my teeth)

About the BB you can really feel when it is on its way. Its like when im not talking for a while and then starts talking it comes out like an explosion from my mouth. It also feels like it doesnt matter if I hold my mouth closed it will come out anyway as I swallow. And its like the smell ignites when exposed to carbon dioxide, then I can sometimes my self smell it a little bit but probably not as heavy as other around me can smell it.

The only time where I wont be worrying about my breath is when im outside, but its really frustrating sitting in class around people in a carbon dioxide filled room eccpecially now after an incident in school which made me think im never wanna go back and sit with those people unless I solve this problem. It has had a big impacted on my studies that's why I have to get rid of the bb or at least reduce just for now before I fail in school.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:05 am
by mike987
@BBman... that sounds a LOT like me.


I noticed my BB at age 21 or 22... But I started working out and drinking protein shakes right as I was getting out of highschool at 18 years old......

But millions of people use those kinds of products.. I don't think it has anything to do with it... And how could it permanently change our bodies like that? Unless what you're saying about Candida is real and for some reason our activities in the gym and the things we ate welcomed it in somehow.


Is Candida really a considerable culprit? How do you know it's not a BS thing made up by Paranoid Hippies, or at least it's what they point their fingers at before throwing a million silly solutions at you? What kind of specialist did you go to that tested for Candida?


I wouldn't blame fast food, candy or anything like that... When I started working out I wasn't eating fattening foods, but going for the highest protein count I could.. So foods like tuna and other fish, eggs, cheese, yogurts, etc.... But I also ate a ton of cereal.

Guh. I hate this >.<

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 am
by waitingforrelief
i have a little update here.

so i've stopped using the irrigator only after a few days. i've been rinsing with baking soda, peroxide and some peppermint oil (just so it doesn't taste as nasty) the last few days. and my breath does seem to be improving. do you guys know how some old people's breath smell like they have dental problems? sometimes i detect that on my breath, but my mouth feels so much cleaner and there are as many "mysterious" smells.

i've made an appointment with an oral surgeon to further investigate my molars/wisdom teeth situation.

the one day since i started this regimen that it still remained very bad was the day that i didn't have the time to rinse thoroughly as i was rushing out the door. i don't rinse for 30 mins. just continuously through my shower and getting ready. i don't think i rinse more than 15 mins. maybe that is why my experiement with peroxide and baking soda in the past didn't work. my mouth was too germ-infested to only do it with one mouthful for a minute. now i just pour a whole cup and spit and refresh continuously.

my dental appointment won't happen until next week. but at least for now i feel like my breath is more under control and i don't feel as icky.