Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chronic halitosis, Rhinitis, PND, bacterial imbalance

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

@ joeP,

Thus far I am feeling a definite improvement, for example, less bitter taste, cleaner feeling in my mouth/sinuses when I come out of the house into fresh air (a test for me), can’t smell my own breath most of the time, which I could definitely do before (most of the time!). It appears that the ability to spray the mixture into sinuses as needed during the day is a big plus.

@ ruch,
Yes it does clump at first but if you keep mixing most of it dissolves in warm saline and hypertonic xylitol. Don’t shake it though as it will denature the lactoferrin if you create foam. Somehow Jarrow’s lactoferrin is clumpier than Swanson’s it seems. And I don’t think there is a chance to clog your sinuses, this is biodegradable and will flush out with mucus.

joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Just got back from another visit to the GP.

Results:

- Blood tests: all normal (with the exception of low vitamin D count)
The GP suggested that I take supplements for vitamin D, but otherwise I'm liver and kidney functions etc are fine.

- H. Pylori: Negative. No signs.

I asked for an Endoscopy to investigate further, but was declined a referral even despite of private medical insurance. I was told to wait for 1 month at least and see if the symptoms get better with Omeprazole.

I also pointed out TMAU, which the GP had no idea about, but promised to research about it and let me know if that makes sense.

I was told to come back in a few weeks...kind of makes me angry and sad at the fact that the medical system is so useless...even if you are privately insured and willing to pay for tests.
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

All my tests came back normal also, H. pylori, C. difficile negative etc...Did endoscopy and found slightly inflamed lower oesophagus. I did have some acid reflux starting 4-5 years ago but my bb started when I was 11 so don't think it is a main cause.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

so glad it is working for you.. so you use one capsule? can you give specifics about how much of each ingredient, and how often?

glad it is working for you!

so far, i do find that lactoferrin and xylitol are the things that seem most effective for me for a longer period of time.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Thanks for all your help everyone!

I'm afraid I'm not getting much better ... some improvement to the PND and maybe slightly less odor.

Right now I'm doing the following (crazy) regiment:

Nasal

Nasal rinse:
1 x lactoeferrin + xylitol + saline nasal rinse once in the evening.
1 x xylitol + saline nasal rinse in the morning

Oral

Brushing, flossing and tongue:
2-3 x zinc tootpaste and sodium bicarbonate to brush
2-3 x dentalpik floss with xylitol, saline, GSE
2-3 x tongue cleaner with chlorhexidine and sodium bicarbonate

Mouth rinse:
2-3 x Dentyl ph (ultra cleanse)
2-3 x therabreath plus
2-3 x smartmouth
2-3 x chlorhexidine (corsodyl daily)

Tablets

Probiotics:
1 x culturelle (10 Bln probiotics)
1 x bio-kult (1 bln probiotics, GSE 130 mg and Garlic 60 mg)
1 x Multivitamin (various) + 2 bln probiotics

Vitamins/Supplements:
6 x chlorophyllin copper 100 mg
6 x activated charcoal tabs 260 mg
1 x zinc gluconate 25 mg
1 x ginger extract 55 mg
1 x green tea extract 100 mg
1 x lactoferrin 250 mg
1 x Vitamin C 1000 mg + Zinc 10 mg
2 x Vitamin C 500 mg (chewable)
1 x Vitamin D 25 µg

Diet

Liquids:
3 liters water a day
3 x green tea with lemon + ginger + cardamoms

Breakfast:
1 x small whole meal toast with butter + carrots (raw) + spinach (raw) + nuts (cashew nuts/almonds/wallnuts)

Lunch:
Basmati rice (boiled small portion) + Potatoes (cooked) + carrots (raw) + spinach (raw) + parsley (raw) + cucumber (raw) + squeezed lemon

Dinner:
1 x tortilla bread whole meal (no yeast) + mixed mediteranian vegatables (cooked + small portion) + coconut oil + squeezed lemon + ginger + spinach (raw) + parsley (raw) + cucumber (raw) + nuts (cashew nuts/almonds/wallnuts)

Medication
1 x Omeprazole 20 mg

Misc
- Air Breathe adhesive-free nasal breathing aid (at night to avoid breathing too much from the mouth due to nasal septum)
- Avoiding all kinds of stress

Any advice is most welcome!!!
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

/....
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Stankie wrote:I would try to eat less carbs, personally. You have a major carb component listed first in each meal.
hey Stankie , are you paleo ? i been low carb for the past 2 weeks . trying to follow that bullet proof diet .More for mental function than odor . I'm pretty sure i smell as bad as can be . Just thinking I want to feel better to be able to deal with life . Rather than reduce odor some tiny % and be anxious as heck and unhealthy . High Fat makes me feel good , for now at least .
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

@ruch
I have been using 250 mg lactoferrin and 4 teaspoons in 6oz saline for the past week. I do a rinse once in the morning an take some of the mix fresh daily as a spray that I use about 4 times during the day. Signifcant improvements but still felt that things could be better, so I added 250 mg amoxillin to the mix and could feel the effect just a few hours after the rinse, no trace of suspicious smell. So the good news is that the smell comes from my sinus/tongue area. I don't know if it's from bacteria in sinus or from bacteria on tongue feeding from clear PND. Other good news is that this is a way to get fast relief when needed. I am going to do the amoxillin thing for 4 days and see how long it lasts after that. Bad news is that I am getting green mucus and inflamed sinuses, perhaps from too much lactoferrin for some reason that serves as food for bacteria. Will reomove lactoferrin and see.
cheers
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

Follow up: I don't think that I have a sinus infection. I had some green snort yesterday evening but it's clear now. Perhaps some reaction to amoxicillin or a die-off effect? In any case, I confirm the amazing effect of amoxicillin over a very short period of time, 24 h. I am very happy to have found at least the cause of the bb. Sinus/nasal passage still a bit irritated, will only use saline/amoxicillin spray today.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

@Peace, do you have sinusitis? I only have rhinitis and my mucus is always clear. The lactoferrin has not caused any noticeable inflammation to me yet, however, either clear thin mucus or some remaining rinse dripped out of my nose once or twice yesterday and today.

Keep us posted futher...

@Stankie, Thanks...I'm actually as good as not eating any carbs or proteins (except nuts) since yesterday...rice is off the menu too.

To be honest...I did have 1-2 "small" wholemeal toasts yesterday....but they cant lead to much sugar..can they?

Good news is that I think I had a slight reduction in mouth and nasal odor yesterday - so was becoming hopeful.

Today, however, I seem to have extremely bad breath again from nose and mouth...room filling in seconds :(

Also, I've lost around 1 kg weight since the past 2 weeks.

Very dissapointed that nothing works :(

Neither the nasal and oral routine nor the dieting and tablets.

:(
Last edited by joeP on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

@joeP

I have had chronic rhinitis (the clear stuff) and bb for decades, tried allergy shots, anti-histamnine, steroid sprays, nothing worked.
I very rarely have sinusitis, i.e., green discharge, last time was years ago. I would recommend that you try the amoxicillin wash, at least to figure out if where your bb originates from something happening in your sinuses.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Thanks Peace...I don't have access to amoxicillin and I strongly doubt my GP will give me a prescription for it.

I'm going home in less than 2 weeks with my wife to meet family, friends and relatives for a month. There is no way to cancel or postpone this and I need to have some sort of relief before to have the confidence to not embarrass and frustrate everyone around me, not just myself. I'm really trying everything known to get in good shape before that.

I can order Generic amoxil 500 mg online from the US, but it will take at least a week. Not sure if that brand is any good.

I was actually thinking of taking metro when I have to travel for as long as needed....maybe as a rinse first...and if that doesn't help...as a tablet.

Is it safe to combine the amoxil with metro. I have a feeling it isn't safe to even take either one of these on its own...so combining them may be even worse.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Its so incredibly annoying as I feel fit otherwise... but can't take advantage of anything good in life out of the sudden.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

I forgot to mention that 3 weeks ago (i.e. when my BB worsened), I did not have any noticeable smell in my saliva. Since then, I can notice a light smell....maybe its ammonia...difficult to narrow it down.

Also, I used to be able to smell my BB sometimes....e.g when rubbing my nose and heavily breathing into a wet towel or breathing into the sink strongly. It used to be comforting as when I brushed,flossed and gargled, it used to not be there anymore for a while.

For the past 3 weeks, I can't smell my BB despite of trying everything that has been suggested.

I'm on a raw diet with no carbs (I'd say its an extreme version of the candida diet)...just selective vegetables, fruits and nuts with some olive and coconut oil and sea salt.

My problem with the diet is that I'm loosing weight daily despite of having large portions...and need to introduce something to keep my weight in order to appear healthy for my age.

I've been doing this diet for 2 weeks...it has been more intense for about 1 week.
My question is.... what can I add to the diet to avoid the weight loss at this point?

I've also started taking digestive enzymes for 3-4 days now and still use the lactoferrin + xylitol + saline nasal rinse in the evening and xylitol + saline nasal rinse in the morning as well as the oral regiment of brushing/flossing and gargeling with various products containing zinc and chlorhexidine and chlorine dioxide.

I've been to a food intolerance test clinic yesterday where I was tested using electro-dermal screening. I think I went there more for advice on nutrition rather than believing in the test itself, but was curious too. I seem to have an intolerance towards the following according to the test:

Food
cow's milk, whey, caseinate, cheese, margarine, butter, trout, crab, prawns, raisins, tomatoes, lettuce, corn, rye, chocolate, sugar, mono-sodium glutamate, yeast, peanuts and the coloring E102.

Misc
feathers, cat fur, dust mites, pollen, moulds, mixed grasses pine and hay dust.
Also mobile phones and nylons showed up negatively.

In terms of nutrition, I was told I'm on a good path and I should eat supergreens like wheatgrass and barleygrass etc in powder form. Also check my ph / alkaline levels using ph strips to monitor improvements.

I was also told that taking omeprazole (pump inhibitor) is not a good idea as acid is supposed to be in the stomach and this would be counterproductive while being on this diet and using digestive enzymes.

As suggested I've excluded tomatoes and lettuce from my diet :( and switched to goat's milk yogurt.

The diet is intense but I was told to keep it up and I will see results. I plan to keep it going for 2 more weeks.

Any suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated and sorry for these long posts.

@Peace, Ruch:

Do you have any further progress with the lactoferrin? My tongue is still the same mostly despite of using it for 1 week. I use 1 tablet via nasal rinse and swallow 1 tablet in the morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic