Hi Guys,my story....so far.
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 pm
Firstly let me congratulate the moderators and members for such a great,informative and helpful board and place of reference,i have been looking for a site just like this for a long time,and i can now share my experiences,what i have noticed on here is the togetherness,i no longer feel alone and feel here i have a great platform to express things that i would find difficult to say.
OK Right,onwards then...
I am 28 years old a live in the south of the U.K,i am avarage height and have a decent build for my size,i exercise regularly and run around 10 -15 miles per week,I recently had a clean bill of health from both my GP and Dentist,and have no long standing ilnesses other than Asthma.
I Have had BB for as long as i can remember,and can recall more than 50 times i have overheard someone,or someone has told me i have BB.
I have tried Everything.I Have tried,Probiotics,K12,Fresh breath,Thera Breath,Numerous erbal remedies,herbal supplements,vitamins,I have spent over £800 on a clinic in london that claims to cure BB,which i hasten to add,doesnt cure it.
I Have had problems with my nose in the past,deviated septum and nasal polyps,i have this corrected and the polyps removed 5 years ago,and still no different,so i went back to my GP and told him of my embarrassing problem.he immediately put it down to Nasal problems and referred me to my local hospital to see my ENT consultant,who checked me over and found me to have no recurring problems there,so i returned to my GP again after plucking up the courage a second time.
He was extremely dismissive and said i had a common condition called Halitophibia,let me correct that right now,i have Halitosis,NOT Halitophobia.
I split up with my previous GF of 5 years down to BB,she said i had it quite often,but would not let that get it the way of our relationship,however,its is all i ever think about,it is depressing me so much i want to cry sometimes,and in a way i guess i pushed her away.
I Have met a new girl recently whom i have known for many years,and started seeing each other 2 years ago and thank god she understands my problem and is extremely supportive,i wont make the same mistake twice.
Family and friends arent aware of my sheer embarrassment and low self worth and esteem,as i hide it quite well,but i get that sinking,sweaty feeling when someone just mentions BB near me,you just know it is directed at you.
Colleagues cover there mouths,cough,leave mints on my desk etc,my little cousin recently said to me,does your breath smell like that because you dont brush your teeth?i was mortified,but i appreciated the honesty!
The smells range from mild to putrid,sometimes Garlicy,sometimes fecal,i have a good diet so i have dismissed the poor diet thing,i also looked into the candida and leaky gut syndrome avenues and did an extremely difficult yeast free diet which i consider made me worse,my tongue always smells.
I sometimes have good days,and i cherish them,i rarely go out anymore i cant bear peoples reactions in social spots.
I am considering tonsillectomy but i fear i may have trouble getting refererred.
I also notice my stomach feels empty alot even when i have had a good meal,i not actually empty its just a weird feeling inside me,that co-incides with my BB alot of the time.
I am at my wits end almost,it is so great to read peoples cured testimonies on here,it has given me alot of heart to carry on with this fight,anything else anyone can suggest would be helpful,but i dont have lumps in my tonsils at all or no pain,so is a Tonsilectomy really worth it?
Anyways,thanks alot for reading my story,i will update with progress reports every do often!
J X
OK Right,onwards then...
I am 28 years old a live in the south of the U.K,i am avarage height and have a decent build for my size,i exercise regularly and run around 10 -15 miles per week,I recently had a clean bill of health from both my GP and Dentist,and have no long standing ilnesses other than Asthma.
I Have had BB for as long as i can remember,and can recall more than 50 times i have overheard someone,or someone has told me i have BB.
I have tried Everything.I Have tried,Probiotics,K12,Fresh breath,Thera Breath,Numerous erbal remedies,herbal supplements,vitamins,I have spent over £800 on a clinic in london that claims to cure BB,which i hasten to add,doesnt cure it.
I Have had problems with my nose in the past,deviated septum and nasal polyps,i have this corrected and the polyps removed 5 years ago,and still no different,so i went back to my GP and told him of my embarrassing problem.he immediately put it down to Nasal problems and referred me to my local hospital to see my ENT consultant,who checked me over and found me to have no recurring problems there,so i returned to my GP again after plucking up the courage a second time.
He was extremely dismissive and said i had a common condition called Halitophibia,let me correct that right now,i have Halitosis,NOT Halitophobia.
I split up with my previous GF of 5 years down to BB,she said i had it quite often,but would not let that get it the way of our relationship,however,its is all i ever think about,it is depressing me so much i want to cry sometimes,and in a way i guess i pushed her away.
I Have met a new girl recently whom i have known for many years,and started seeing each other 2 years ago and thank god she understands my problem and is extremely supportive,i wont make the same mistake twice.
Family and friends arent aware of my sheer embarrassment and low self worth and esteem,as i hide it quite well,but i get that sinking,sweaty feeling when someone just mentions BB near me,you just know it is directed at you.
Colleagues cover there mouths,cough,leave mints on my desk etc,my little cousin recently said to me,does your breath smell like that because you dont brush your teeth?i was mortified,but i appreciated the honesty!
The smells range from mild to putrid,sometimes Garlicy,sometimes fecal,i have a good diet so i have dismissed the poor diet thing,i also looked into the candida and leaky gut syndrome avenues and did an extremely difficult yeast free diet which i consider made me worse,my tongue always smells.
I sometimes have good days,and i cherish them,i rarely go out anymore i cant bear peoples reactions in social spots.
I am considering tonsillectomy but i fear i may have trouble getting refererred.
I also notice my stomach feels empty alot even when i have had a good meal,i not actually empty its just a weird feeling inside me,that co-incides with my BB alot of the time.
I am at my wits end almost,it is so great to read peoples cured testimonies on here,it has given me alot of heart to carry on with this fight,anything else anyone can suggest would be helpful,but i dont have lumps in my tonsils at all or no pain,so is a Tonsilectomy really worth it?
Anyways,thanks alot for reading my story,i will update with progress reports every do often!
J X