THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I learn't how to smell myself

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
asd
Master
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 pm

I learn't how to smell myself

Post by asd »

I finally worked out a good way of checking my breath, as I have always had great difficulty in the past, and I dont trust the wrist lick test.
What I do is, face my pillow, and stick my tongue out so it is licking the pillow then sniff.
So the results show, that like I though I dont have fecal breath, its a wierd one though, not too bad as I can smell it but I know its much stronger for other people, however I cant put my finger on what the odour is
I spose this is sort of good news for mexx
Charley
Junior
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by Charley »

Lol, unless the pillow smells of shit! :lol:
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

I can smell my bb, but even after comments saying it smells like shit, it doesn't smell like shit to me. I think what we are able to smell ourselves is just part of the story. It often smells fecal to others regardless :oops:
asd
Master
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by asd »

yea, but when people cant describe a bad smell they usually just say it smells of shit.
never_bn_kissed
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:48 am

Post by never_bn_kissed »

unfortunatley i dont think we'll ever be able to smell our own bb properly, simply because we always have it

our noses have a built in "filter" and after some time, the nose filters out a certain type of smell so you stop smelling it continuously. for eg, if someone's wearing cologne you can smell it at first, but after a few minutes, you stop smelling it, or at least at a greatly reduced rate.

similarly, cause we're always smelling our own bb as the nasal cavaities and throat and stuff is all connected, the filter is being applied continuously

a general rule is whatever you smell from yourself, whether its bb, bo, or whatever, other people will smell it x10
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

I think sewage is a good term for breath scent. Rotten eggs, putrid, or decomposed flesh are probably other terms to describe what we smell like.

This week I have been able to smell my breath, but mainly I gauge by instinct and feel. When I have that sticky mouth, and I can taste nasty bitterness in the mucous coming from the throat I tend to get more obvious reactions from the people I deal with every day. Yesterday was one of the worse days. I actually felt a cloud of must around me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗