Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had a barium swallow done?
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 am
by TeamZissou
I've recently felt that my BB is coming from my throat. I have a chronic sensation of mucous that never seems to go away, and when I eat certain foods that coat the throat with protein or sugar, it seems to get significantly worse shortly after.
I was wondering if anyone who feels they have a similar situation has had a barium swallow done. It is a series of x-rays that determines if everything is functioning properly anatomically when you swallow.
Obviously something isn't functioning as it should to clear away the mucous and bacteria that are building up in this area to cause the problem.
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:25 pm
by sillygrrl08
I had the barium swallow done, thinking that they would find something. I have thick mucus as well, along with the feeling something is stuck in my throat. They didn't find anything wrong.
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm
by prey
Hello
I have done the barium test and they didnt find anything wrong.
i have the same symptoms as you guys.
has anyone done a ct of the sinuses?
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 pm
by TeamZissou
I had x-rays of my sinuses and nasopharynx done, but nothing was found to be abnormal. The only thing I had was minor swelling of the adenoids.
This is crazy that doctors can find nothing anatomically wrong. Leads me to believe more and more it is a bacterial problem.
I started the triple therapy this week. I will let everyone know how that goes, for anyone interested in that.
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 am
by iva
Hi,guys
I have all the symptoms thta u describe and I`ve been diagnosed with GERD, which among all, can cause problems with the sinuses.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 pm
by elliott
Had it done too. Today's medicine isn't good enough for this problem.
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:13 pm
by prey
TeamZissou wrote:I had x-rays of my sinuses and nasopharynx done, but nothing was found to be abnormal. The only thing I had was minor swelling of the adenoids.
This is crazy that doctors can find nothing anatomically wrong. Leads me to believe more and more it is a bacterial problem.
I started the triple therapy this week. I will let everyone know how that goes, for anyone interested in that.
you said that you have chronic pnd,and that your sinuses are ok,then the mucus must come from the stomac,this maybe explain why your bb comes stronger after eating,
check this out:
viewtopic.php?t=1743
prey

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm
by Hank
Yep, I had this done too. Same symptoms as the rest of you. Big waste of time and money. I think this particular procedure is only helpful if there is something radically physically abnormal about your throat/swallowing function.