Your Email Address:

First Name:

Contagious BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SC7
Total Newbie

Contagious BB

Post by SC7 »

Ok explain this one to me?

I have BB & BO. Today, someone at school was sitting across from me and started to talk to me, asking me questions. This person had no bad breath whatsoever. Well, I would answer this person's questions and I noticed that she was shying away a little but continued to listen to me. Well about after 5 minutes of explaining something, she talked and her breath started to smell bad. It smelled like fecal, garbage, etc. The way that most people describe my breath. Well I could still smell her "breath" even when her mouth was closed, especially when she took a deep breath, through her nose.

This happens to me QUITE a bit. I think that my BB is contagious. What can it be? Is this bad bacteria in my mouth, sinuses? Does this happen to anyone else.

LJ
Junior

it's yours most probably

Post by LJ »

HI:
Probably what you are smelling is your own breath. I have the same experience, but I know I can pick up my own breath on other people.
when I first meet them I can smell their breath and then I smell my own mixing with it. It's not that I'm infecting the other person, it's just that my breath is so strong it mixes and overwhelms the perception of the other person's breath.
It happens to me all the time, it's your own ability to smell your own breath when mixed with certain odors.
Like if I'm washing dishes in the sink and there is hot steamy water mixed with old meat or food, I suddenly get the smell of my fecal breath mixing in with it.
Alot of times when I get in the shower and the hot steamy water and fragrances of the bathroom mingle and I can smell my breath hanging in the air.
I don't really like to smell my own breath it makes me insecure, because if i really smell like that and I can't handle it, then how are other people supposed to handle it.
Over the many years with this I have gotten used to the varying odors I produce. The other day I was outside, I hadn't eaten, and a breeze blew by me and I could smell open sewer breath.
There are people who say they cannot smell their own breath, and that maybe the better situation. LJ
[quote][/quote]
Finkels
Total Newbie

Re: Contagious BB

Post by Finkels »

SC7 wrote:Ok explain this one to me?

I have BB & BO. Today, someone at school was sitting across from me and started to talk to me, asking me questions. This person had no bad breath whatsoever. Well, I would answer this person's questions and I noticed that she was shying away a little but continued to listen to me. Well about after 5 minutes of explaining something, she talked and her breath started to smell bad. It smelled like fecal, garbage, etc. The way that most people describe my breath. Well I could still smell her "breath" even when her mouth was closed, especially when she took a deep breath, through her nose.

This happens to me QUITE a bit. I think that my BB is contagious. What can it be? Is this bad bacteria in my mouth, sinuses? Does this happen to anyone else.

Hi,
Maybe you are too sensible to the oral odor of peoples, even to that which is defined in the normal range. However bad breath cannot be contagious.
Professor Yehuda Finkelstein, MD, MA,
Rorsach
Total Newbie

Re: Contagious BB

Post by Rorsach »

SC7 wrote:Ok explain this one to me?

This has happened to me many times and it is not my bad breath I am smelling. I think there may be a subconscious sympathetic reaction in some people that makes their breath express itself as bad temporarily. I have some ideas about how this might work. There is an important psychological component to all pathological conditions and bad breath is no exception.

Rorschach
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I think that these people just have bad rbeath sometimes and that is it, I know some people also , I never smell few of my friends ever, but some other people just smell

It is just like it is, they have bad breath also but in lesser degree and not 24/7 like shops and we on this forum :)
kakaroto
Total Newbie

Post by kakaroto »

The samething happens to me LJ, when I talk closely to my girlfriend I can smell my own bad breath , and also when I take a hot shower, I can smell it hanging in the air.
xoxo
Advanced

Re: it's yours most probably

Post by xoxo »

LJ wrote:HI:
I have gotten used to the varying odors I produce.
Hey, and I thought I am the only 1 capable of producing different odors. Now I found you! :D I don't feel that special anymore :p

Do u get nose block? If so, pls try Oil Pulling.
http://selfhelpcure.com/index.htm

Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Support Forum
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738

I did not see immediate results but perservance paid off. The nose block is totally gone, I still get PND but it's alot better, lesser.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic