anti-candida diet can also causes bad breath?
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:46 pm
So I've been on the anti-candida diet and it's been great but I have noticed something strange. I believe my breath is fresher but there is still an odor and bad taste. I was craving a big juicy burger one day so I just said F it, let's eat one. I did and I expected my bad breath to flare up the next day but surprisingly it was fresh and I didn't have any bad taste. So of course I said to myself "WTF". I start googling something and then came across atkins diet causes bad breath. It's because when you're eating less carbs, your body produces ketones which causes bad breath. Well the anti-candida diet is almost like the Atkins diet in which you eliminate carbs. Therefore, I believe a small amount of carbs (bread, rice) should be introduced along with the anti-candida diet.
Note that I am not saying anti candida diet is bad for breath. It has improved my problem with bad breath. My theory is that elimintating carbs can also cause bad breath. Also, my observation during the diet has been that the more green vegetable you eat, the better your breath will be.
Note that I am not saying anti candida diet is bad for breath. It has improved my problem with bad breath. My theory is that elimintating carbs can also cause bad breath. Also, my observation during the diet has been that the more green vegetable you eat, the better your breath will be.