Your Email Address:

First Name:

I finally met one of the forum members today :)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

I finally met one of the forum members today :)

Post by KeepTrying09 »

Hey Everyone,

Today I was fortunate enough to meet one of the forum members in person, macks86.

He e-mailed me about a month ago telling me he was going to be visiting Thailand and wondered if we could meet up for a chat. I told him no problem. Well, today we met and I must say he is a brilliant young lad. Really funny and a nice guy. It was really nice to finally meet one of the forum members. It makes everything more human if you know what I mean.

We travelled around Bangkok for about 4 hours. First at a shopping mall, then I took him to see some of the sights that were close by. Of course Bangkok is kinda boring during the daytime, so I showed him where to go at night for more fun times. :)

I'm really excited that I got to meet with him. Of course we chatted about bad breath, and our experiences with it. LOL, and I asked him 3 times within the course of 4 hours if I still had bad breath! You see guys, I told you the psychological scars are hard to get over!!!! Anyway, he told me that he didn't smell anything and I believe he was being honest with me (at least I hope so). I trust him.

So I know all of you guys might be asking "Well what did his breath smell like?" Well, i'm gonna let macks86 tell you guys what I told him about it. I told macks86 what I observed, and I hope he believes me. If he wants to share what I told him, then I leave that up to him. Otherwise whatever I smelled (or didn't smell) remains between me and him. :)

Well, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet up with you macks86. I for sure made a friend today. Hope the feelings are mutual. :P
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

This is a really heartwarming story of how this affliction can bring about positive experiences. Thanks for sharing it, it's made me happier today.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Hey KT,

That's great, wish I could meet someone in person too. Anyone in the GTA area?

I know you said you will not disclose what you told your new friend about the state of his breath at various times of your get together, however since you did say that he had rated your BB as nil, and you would not disclose how his breath was, it is difficult to assume that his was fresh as well.

We are all here in the same boat - anything helps, the less embarrassment the better. So yeah, would be great to hear from him as well about your meet up.

Cheers!
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

stressedout wrote:I know you said you will not disclose what you told your new friend about the state of his breath at various times of your get together, however since you did say that he had rated your BB as nil, and you would not disclose how his breath was, it is difficult to assume that his was fresh as well.
Just because I choose not to disclose what I told macks86 about his breath don't be quick to make an assumption. :)

I believe everyone has the right to discuss their own issues themselves. So whatever me and macks86 talked about in regards to his breath, I believe he has the right to share that information first before I do. It has nothing to do with how his breath smelled (or didn't smell), and everything to do with respecting his right to be the one to talk about it first.

The only reason I spoke about what was said about my breath is because we are talking about my breath, and naturally I have the right to share that information. Nothing more, nothing less. :)
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

brightonguy wrote:This is a really heartwarming story of how this affliction can bring about positive experiences. Thanks for sharing it, it's made me happier today.
Glad it brought some happiness to your day today. If you're ever in Thailand look me up :)
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

hey KT,

Yes of course, everyone has their right to discuss their issues themselves. I guess it is different perspectives. I can not imagine that I would feel upset at someone for telling others (before i do it) that my breath IS very fresh, that would be great news, I can not relate to "moments of pride", in my eyes it has nothing to do with pride when someone gets healed (while others are not), it is all about gratefullness. Please do not take it the wrong way, since you only discussed your outcomes, it would be be very disappointing for me if such outcomes werent the same for the other person, or are (but we might not know it).

Peace.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

stressedout wrote:hey KT,

Yes of course, everyone has their right to discuss their issues themselves. I guess it is different perspectives. I can not imagine that I would feel upset at someone for telling others (before i do it) that my breath IS very fresh, that would be great news
Yeah, I guess it is different perspectives. I don't think macks86 would be upset if I told others what I told him today regarding his breath. But I still respect the fact that it is his place to share that information if he wants to.
stressedout wrote:I can not relate to "moments of pride", in my eyes it has nothing to do with pride when someone gets healed (while others are not), it is all about gratefullness.
Well, I think pride is just one of many emotions that one might feel when they are cured, or discover that they don't have bad breath. Gratefulness is for sure another one, along with happiness, joy, excitement, relief, etc. etc. I can't even begin to tell you all the emotions I experienced when I discovered I was cured, but it was all of the above and then some! Pride in itself is not a negative emotion. I actually think those who are cured have a right to be proud of themselves. It's quite a difficult thing to achieve for some, so I think being proud is just natural.
stressedout wrote:Please do not take it the wrong way, since you only discussed your outcomes, it would be be very disappointing for me if such outcomes werent the same for the other person, or are (but we might not know it).
Not quite sure what you mean by this one. Could you elaborate a bit more? :-k
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Just did not want you to think I’am too nosy or anything. I think we are all in the same boat (with or without BB, strong and constant, or mild and occasional), and anything shared is another small step in conquering our battles. I would feel just as much sympathy and pain knowing someone gets finally told in person they do have some BB, as if i was told that myself, but then again truth is what we all need, truth to the core of it, so we can get closer to the source (of BB - physiological or psychological).
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

stressedout wrote:Just did not want you to think I’am too nosy or anything.
Oh, LOL. That's not what I was thinking at all. I know people are curious. It's expected. I just hope macks86 comes back and posts his experience today, along with what I told him about his breath. :)
stressedout wrote:I think we are all in the same boat (with or without BB, strong and constant, or mild and occasional), and anything shared is another small step in conquering our battles.
Agreed. :)
stressedout wrote:I would feel just as much sympathy and pain knowing someone gets finally told in person they do have some BB, as if i was told that myself, but then again truth is what we all need, truth to the core of it, so we can get closer to the source (of BB - physiological or psychological).

Double agreed. I think everyone should be honest with anyone who has BB or thinks they have BB. I am (at least with people I know.) :)
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

KT,

Too bad you're that far away :)
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

i am curious to see how his breath was now lol. waiting on him to reply.
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Nice work KT, you seem like a great friend to confide in
hello
Junior

Post by hello »

hey stressed out im willing to meet you...i live in the GTA
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

isn't it an assumption that anyone who posts here has the bb problem, BIG TIME? I wouldfn't want to meet anyone that does not have this serious problem. I'd be more focused on meeting someone who already understands, not someone with a "mild" problem.

It's good you both met. However, the word is "thankful" if this thing is beat, not "pride".
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Hi keep trying. Congrats that you are now cured. So what medicine did you take to rid yourself of BB?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic