THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

SUSHI BREATH?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stressedout
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

SUSHI BREATH?

Post by stressedout »

First of all, sorry Asian folks - no offence. This is just for my informative knowledge.

Does anyone know what I am talking about-

The type of Bad Breath that is very intense, and mostly likely doesn’t necessary come from the mouth only (deeper cause). As i remember i first encountered such breath when an Asian person talked nearby, or by walking into a sushi restaurant - the space was all filled out with it.

My father had this type of BB a while back, i noticed when he was breathing out through his nose and i was next to him.

Wondering if it has anything to do with eating sushi (maybe parasite infection) or something that is found in Asian cuisine...

Do you know what I am talking about? Hard to describe it, but it must be the worst type of BB out there. Anyone knows the cause of it?
Last edited by stressedout on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
brightonguy
Advanced
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by brightonguy »

I've noticed in terms of muslims during and after ramadam, for obvious reasons.... fasting aint good for your breath
Ruben
Junior
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Ruben »

lol, i don't know which bad breath can be worse than having a person think that you just ate poop. I doubt any sort of "asian bad breath" get the level that has been described here.
stressedout
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by stressedout »

It is a very specific BB, it fills up the room. Im not sure but it might be rotten egg. One encounters the smell once and can never forget it.

Im not talking about fasting, or implying different races have different BB, but this specific one I have noticed more with Asians. If you are a sushi eater, you would have at least smelled it once in your lifetime in a sushi restaurant, its indeed a rotten smell.

Im sure this person is talking about the same thing, just like me he is not good at describing it, and the person who answers takes defence and mentions oral hygiene.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 213AA5wN8n

It could very well has a link to Asian diet.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Asian diets like curry and such spices tend to cause asians to smell of this food, coming out of their skin etc. If that person smells of their diet and then had the kind of BB that most people describe on here, its gonna smell of shit etc, but with a hint of the spicy diet mixed in with it.
That's what I think anyway cos I've known an asian guy who used to get intermittent BB and it sounds similar to the kind of odours you are talking about.
stressedout
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by stressedout »

For some reason im wondering if has anything to do with raw sea food (mercury poisoning).

Not so sure on the curry - they say turmeric is good to fight BB, and curry fights cancer.
brightonguy
Advanced
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by brightonguy »

.... I think fish is the single worst thing for my own BB so this does kinds make sense
Haligone
Advanced
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Haligone »

why dont you talk about your own BB?
hopelessone
Sheriff
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

Post by hopelessone »

i'm not Asian, but when i used to eat a lot of onions and garlic, the smell would come out of my pores, sorta'....
stressedout
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by stressedout »

hopelessone,

thats not BB, thats a temp thing that goes away.
hopelessone
Sheriff
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

Post by hopelessone »

i know it's not bb, but it may have a connection, because if you have certain substances in your system, it could come out through yer pores AND yer breath via lungs, depending what thje substances are.
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

I know
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
stressedout
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by stressedout »

thanatos,

yeah i tend to think it gotta be the diet, it just smells too specific, wish to know what it is in the diet that would cause it.
meowkity1
God
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by meowkity1 »

I definately notice this kind of bad breath. I even seemed to think Im suffering bb because when I was younger I teased chineses kids about how they smelled. and I never eat chinese food because of it either. Chinese kids in school definately had their own smell
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

I`ve always thought that the majority of sufferers here are caucasian. Now you talk like only the asians have bb or like they have the worst breath in the world. That`s racist. What do you guys think caused your bb, I don`t think you even eat the asian diet. For your information, the asian diet is diverse. Koreans, Thai, Indians, Malaysians like it spicy but I don`t think the majority of them complain of bb. I had friends who eat spicy foods(thai in particular) almost everyday but I never see them worrying over bad breath. I think this thread is nonsense. You guys just want to make yourselves feel better by thinking that there are people who have worse breath than yours.

Btw, I`m Filipino- Chinese- Japanese- Spanish so I`m really offended with this thread. I don`t see the point of studying the cause of our bb. What good will that do to you? You obviously have a different diet & with the way you say it you have better breath.
Last edited by jc on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗