THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Size of tongue.
Size of tongue.
I dont know about you but I have a massive massive toungue. I could potentially pick my nose with my tounge if I tried.
Well larger tounge = larger surface area for bacteria.
I dont know wether there is a correlation between bad breath and toungue size.
Is your toungue big?
Well larger tounge = larger surface area for bacteria.
I dont know wether there is a correlation between bad breath and toungue size.
Is your toungue big?
One Day One Day....
-
ihatethebus
- Master
- Posts: 212
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 pm
-
brightonguy
- Advanced
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
Re: Size of tongue.
.... this seems rationale.... yeah my tongue's big. I reckon the geography of your tongue is just as (if not more) important e.g. is it grooved etc.OneDay111 wrote: I dont know wether there is a correlation between bad breath and toungue size.
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
-
brightonguy
- Advanced
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
Possibly, yes. The size of your tongue won't necessarily *cause* your BB but once you've got it it could be worse bcause of your bigger tongue and the ensuant larger surface area... just like your tonsils can be smellier if they're larger and more cryptic.hopelessone wrote:regardless of tongue size...i didn't ALWAYS have bb......so does tongue size have anything to do with it?
I don't buy it..
Sure, a larger tongue equals more surface area, more tongue hairs, etc...
But let me draw a comparison.. Would you expect someone with a larger body frame to stink simply because he has bigger armpits than someone else? Yeah, maybe his pits could be home to more bacteria, but what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
Sure, a larger tongue equals more surface area, more tongue hairs, etc...
But let me draw a comparison.. Would you expect someone with a larger body frame to stink simply because he has bigger armpits than someone else? Yeah, maybe his pits could be home to more bacteria, but what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
Yeh me neither, Im just throwing an idea out there.mike987 wrote:I don't buy it..
Sure, a larger tongue equals more surface area, more tongue hairs, etc...
But let me draw a comparison.. Would you expect someone with a larger body frame to stink simply because he has bigger armpits than someone else? Yeah, maybe his pits could be home to more bacteria, but what's the difference between a Million Bacteria and 1.5 million bacteria?
One Day One Day....
-
brightonguy
- Advanced
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Yes but if the million bacteria arent producing much smell, then the extra smell from the half million is still going to equate to not much smell.
I really dont think tongue size has anything to do with it. But geographical characteristics between different tongues may do, such as the difference in total anaerobic area from one person to another relating to the area where anaerobic bacteria can hide between the tongue papillae.
I dont know if tongue dorsum area exposed to PND/throat mucus could be a factor, such as where the part where the roof of the mouth/uvula ends up covering the tongue at the back. Could try purposely holding your tongues further forward in your mouth for a few hours to see if there's any difference compared to if you dont.
I really dont think tongue size has anything to do with it. But geographical characteristics between different tongues may do, such as the difference in total anaerobic area from one person to another relating to the area where anaerobic bacteria can hide between the tongue papillae.
I dont know if tongue dorsum area exposed to PND/throat mucus could be a factor, such as where the part where the roof of the mouth/uvula ends up covering the tongue at the back. Could try purposely holding your tongues further forward in your mouth for a few hours to see if there's any difference compared to if you dont.
-
JoseJavier
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:23 am
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.