Page 1 of 2

Tonsillectomy... ?

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 pm
by MissPretty
I'm considering a tonsillectomy. Perhaps it is the reason for my bad breath? The problem is that it costs 2500 dollar, is it worth it? Grateful for the answers.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm
by hali_grl
go raw its so much cheaper n healthier it really works im on day 2 n i already can tell a slight improvement in bb clara and el grizze also bimms were 100% bb free in a matter of weeks.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 pm
by MissPretty
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a try.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 pm
by meowkity1
tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 am
by hope4now
meowkity1 wrote:tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
You also had your adenoids removed, right? My adenoids also produce stones. I discovered this when I used a dental syringe to spray water behind the soft palate. A large stone fell into the sink. Since then I've been spraying back there as well as the tonsils, but it never completely gets rid of the bad taste or smell.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:42 am
by MissPretty
meowkity1 wrote:tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
Thanks for the reply. Where your tonsils large? Mine is very small.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 pm
by oasis
Do you have excessive mucous production?

My tonsils were small and I didnt have any tonsil stones but during my tonsillectomy, a peritonsillar abscess was revealed. The surgery improved my condition a lot.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm
by MissPretty
I always have lots of mucus in the throat, post nasal drip. I've decided an operation. What have I to lose but a lot of money? :P

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm
by Free2breath911
when my BB first began I looked in my throat and saw white stones....I had a tonsilectomy the next month.....bb got worst to be honestly. Once u clean the stones out....there OUT! If u dont have any kind of sore throat pain why remove the tonsils. Its up to you though....I was determined to removed my tonsils and my bb is still here. But I have not seen a tonsil stone since!!! I alomost forgot what they look like.

And also my ent removed them because they would swell up all year long! not because of the stones.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 pm
by Sindel
I recieved a tonsilectomy and there was a big improvement because there was so much food gettin caught in my tonsils. But I still have a white coating on the back of my tongue so I was just prescribed nystatin oral because there may be bacteria still living in my tongue and mouth.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:25 pm
by Dolors
Hi there,

I would strongly advise against surgery unless ALL possible other options have been tried first (and failed).

I do suffer from tonsil stones, and they were one of the causes of my chronic halitosis, but stones in my tonsils are no longer a problem because I clean my tonsils regularly a few times a week before stones can build up.

How sure are you that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath? Do you regularly clean them? If you have tried everything already, resurfacing of the tonsils has a very high success rate and keeps your tonsils where they should be. Have you looked into that?

Unless absolutely necessary, I personally would not go for a tonsillectomy before having trully determined that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath.

Dolors

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 pm
by halitosisux
Good advice. Sorry, but I've removed the link to that book because nobody needs to pay $30 for any books when they have this forum.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 pm
by MissPretty
halitosisux wrote:Good advice. Sorry, but I've removed the link to that book because nobody needs to pay $30 for any books when they have this forum.
What's the book? :roll:

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm
by MissPretty
Dolors; thanks for your good advice but I have already made up my mind for an operation =)

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:08 pm
by Dolors
I wish you all the best then. I hope the operation goes smoothly, that you recover quickly and that the end result is what you were looking for: fresher breath :-)

I have written a book, but it appears I was not supposed to put a link to my site in these forums.

Take care,

Dolors