THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
trenski
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR

Post by trenski »

Does anyone know if gum disease causes nasal odor? I have really bad gum disease and wanted to know if it is linked or causing the odor in my nose. I also have chronic BB. Thanks.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

It probably depends on the level of disease and the types of gases being produced and their concentrations.

Generally speaking, if the odour really travels and lingers in the air from the odours coming from your mouth then any of this gas that passes into your throat and out through the nose will also travel and linger in the air. But if odours from the mouth are only detectable from close range then they probably wont be strong enough to come out through the nose.

Gases from your mouth might also condense inside your nasal passages/sinuses where the odour could build up into concentrated pools of odourous mucus or liquid and make the odour from the nose much worse than any odour coming from your mouth.
trenski
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by trenski »

Yes, I have severe gum disease and my BB can be smelled long distances, even when I am not close up and the smell lingers. Any suggestions? Thank You
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Have you had any treatment yet for your gum disease? Your options depend on your age and how advanced the problem is, and how bad your breath is and how badly it affects your life.
trenski
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by trenski »

I am 38. My BB is chronic and it has totally ruined my social life. I haven't had any treatment as of yet but I am planning to when I get the money for it. My gum disease is in advance stage and I also have my wisdom teeth, which right bottom tooth is impacted.Thanks.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

ur welcome. Good luck with the treatment.
sweetnlow
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Yes Gum disease can cause nose odor

Post by sweetnlow »

Yes. I had bad nose odor because of gum disease. Go to a periodontist. I got scraping and plaining done. It may be called something else now because that's been 15 years. After having it done I stopped having nasal odor. I still have bad breath but the nose odor is gone. My breath is bad but not like it was. I still see my periodontis and my regular dentist. So I hope you have dental insurance. Dentist think teens can't have gum disease but they can. My gums bleed bad when I was 14. They may know this now but in 1982 I don't think they did.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Re: GUM DISEASE & NOSE ODOR

Post by deebo »

trenski wrote:Does anyone know if gum disease causes nasal odor? I have really bad gum disease and wanted to know if it is linked or causing the odor in my nose. I also have chronic BB. Thanks.
what type of gum disease ? rotting gums ? swollen inflamed gums?...
something good to know http://www.perio.org/consumer/mbc.heart.htm
trenski
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by trenski »

Thanks for all the responses. All of the them are very helpful. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗