THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

British TV coverage of halitosis sufferer with TMAU

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
malory
Master
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Gender:

British TV coverage of halitosis sufferer with TMAU

Post by malory »

A halitosis sufferer with TMAU will be interviewed on ITV This Morning programme on Thursday 21st July at 9.00am. Dr Dawn Harper will be present.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Just watched the show, the girl was brilliant and courageous and it was all explained so well in the few minutes they had.

Whoever is on candida diets or raw diets etc, you must watch this.
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

lol! no thanx i respect n love myself i just hate bb.
caramiamine98
Advanced
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by caramiamine98 »

I wasn’t able to view it :( I hope somebody uploads this clip onto youtube so the rest of us who aren’t in the UK can see it [-o<
Last edited by caramiamine98 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

caramiamine98 wrote:I wasn’t able to view it :( I hope somebody uploads this clip onto youtube so the rest of us who aren’t in the UK can see it [-o<
i know . I dont even have tv. is it bbc? maybe theres a vid on a website or transcript . ?? whats itv??love to see this.
caramiamine98
Advanced
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by caramiamine98 »

The interview only just aired today so I’m very sure some super duper extra extra nice person out there will upload this for us :) Clips from that show regularly appear on youtube so I’m sure this one will too.
caramiamine98
Advanced
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by caramiamine98 »

Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

hali_grl wrote:lol! no thanx i respect n love myself i just hate bb.
eh?
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

caramiamine98 wrote:Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
OK ..that just blew my mind ..


i wonder how many of us have TMAU .
Is this girl on our site?? I'd love to chat with her about diet .ASAP.
caramiamine98
Advanced
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by caramiamine98 »

She is on this site. I must say that she is absolutely beyond brave for doing this. Way to go!
danger
Master
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by danger »

caramiamine98 wrote:She is on this site. I must say that she is absolutely beyond brave for doing this. Way to go!
who was it?
malory
Master
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Gender:

Post by malory »

Deebo, I've sent you a private message also.

I am happy to try and help with dietary advice but I'm really not having much success with controlling my odour through diet to be honest.Other people have however.

I find double dosing on vitamin B2/riboflavin (I take 400mg a day) is helpful in the case of tmau cos it helps break down the choline in the food i eat. The less choline and lecithin in the system the less of the smelly TMA produced. Your supplements should not have lecithin in them. Soya flour or margarine is a definite no as is all protein-rich food really.

Apart from that i eat courgettes, aubergines, carrots, celery, cucumber, potatoes, organic flour and water dumplings, most fresh fruit, sometimes white rice, very occasionally red lentils (bad but need some protein!), occasionally lactofree cheese or mozzarella. This is a diet based on low choline foods so may be suitable if you have been tested positive for tmau.

It's not a healthy diet (whereas the anti-candida diet is - with all its wholegrains and quinoa) but experiment with it if you have tmau. See this list of low choline foods:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Pl ... holnO2.pdf

Thanks guys for all the support and please try to sign the MEBO Research petition I mentioned at the end of the TV interview:
http://www.meboresearch.org/petition.html
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

halitosisux
sorry that was meant for the work frm home post.


I signed the position but i dont think i hav tmau my urine, sweat, vagina, armpits dont stink just bb is possibleto just hav bb with tmau bc the wiki search on it says everything stinks not just bb? like jimi says i think mine comes frm my nose.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

@hali_grl, lol ok

I'm also gonna sign this petition thing.
and btw TMAU can affect just your breath. There are a lot of factors that determine how TMAU will manifest itself.
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

i pray that is not the case i didnt start having bb until i got pnd after a real bad sinus infection so im i hav thinking sinustiti but i really need diagnosing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗