THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

How far back do you brush your tongue?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

How far back do you brush your tongue?

Post by hopeful »

Do you go past the taste buds? I did it and was too rough a couple of times and my tongue ended up bleeding. :shock: How far back do you brush your tongue?
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

It doesn't matter how far you go hopeful. You can't get rid of all the bacteria the cause bb with a toothbrush. It's better to use a soft toothbrush or what people on this forum say is good is a tongue brush which you can order online.
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

I use a tongue brush and a toothbrush for my tongue. I think how far back you go does matter because if you don't reach far back enough then you'd be missing tons of bacteria hiding in there, wouldn't you?
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

GET A TUNG BRUSH WITH TUNG GEL (10$ both), I GUARANTEE THE BEST THING EVER
(sounds like I'm spamming eh :twisted: )

I brush until the very back of the tongue although it makes me gag.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

hopeful wrote:I use a tongue brush and a toothbrush for my tongue. I think how far back you go does matter because if you don't reach far back enough then you'd be missing tons of bacteria hiding in there, wouldn't you?
yea you do have a point, but I meant it doesn't matter because even if you could reach it , you'd never get rid of them with a toothbrush. :) The bacteria are hiding really deep in your tongue. So just with a toouthbrush you can't get rid of them. I mean do you feel like after brushing your tongue, you're breath is fresh? All I notice is that it feels fresher in my mouth than before, but I still get reactions from other people. Also I think there are still tons of bacteria somewhere in your throat area which you can't reach and not just the tongue.
User avatar
succ
Junior
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by succ »

I stick the toothbrush as deep as I can. I've found that cleaning the very back of my throat and coughing everything up helps me, at least makes me feel a little cleaner. As I suffer from PND, I get excess amounts of slime and I just can't feel "clean" if I don't do this. When the doctor was examining my stomach with the pipe camera thingie, he was surprised how little I gagged, only few times. Of course, It's like I do it every day haha.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗