Page 1 of 1
About Tung Brush
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:12 pm
by KC
I've heard that some people use this brush have some relief of bb. And there is a Japanese website selling it
http://www.alpha-net.co.jp/index.cgi.
I'm wondering what's the difference between the other tongue scrapper and tung brush. And btw, this plastic brush is so expensive.
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:01 pm
by mike987
when i bought the TUNG brush, it seemed so simple.. just a round head with even bristles placed on it's face..
after using it though, i realized it's magic.. it really gets your tongue clean, and it'll stay that way all day long.. after using it, even normal brushing can clean up your tongue pretty well.. it's a deep cleaning that get's where a tongue scraper can't..
this may be semi irrelevant, but my saliva always smelled nasty before using the TUNG brush.. now, even when waking up in the morning, my saliva lacks a true scent..
you can get the brush from drugstores like 'RiteAid', for about 4 bucks.. You can get both the brush and the Gel that goes on it for roughly 8 bucks.. definitely something i would invest in.. even if i didn't have a breath problem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:17 pm
by noptical
Tongue scrapers are useless
TUNG brushes are awesome.
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:33 pm
by elliott
I have a tongue brush called GUM brush that I think works better then TUNG.
The shape is wider, the bristles are less rigid, and the back has teeth that wipe off all the gunk when you finish brushing.
Scrubbing too hard opens up the pores in the tongue and bacteria can get right back in. The hard bristles ion the tongue scrub way too hard for my liking.
I also think baking soda works better than the paste that comes with the TUNG.
Either way, brushing the tongue is only a 15 minute relief for me anyway, my tongue turns white again, and my breath still stinks.
Only my opinion.
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:27 pm
by path
My tongue is as pink as or pinker than my wife's. But I have BB, she doesn't.
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:17 am
by noptical
path wrote:My tongue is as pink as or pinker than my wife's. But I have BB, she doesn't.
Then its obvious that your bb doesnt originate from your mouth but from your digestive and/or respiratory systems...
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 am
by austuser
or maybe even tonsils or nasal cavity.
Strange to have a perfectly pink tongue and have bb. The reason dogs breaths dont smell is because their tongues are very very smooth and pink, and plenty of saliva. A cat on the other hand has terrible breath, their tongues are rough and dry and white.
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:25 pm
by path
My point is a pink tongue doesn't mean BB free, especially most of us brush our tongues. The coating doesn't have to turn white to emit strong odors.
noptical wrote:path wrote:My tongue is as pink as or pinker than my wife's. But I have BB, she doesn't.
Then its obvious that your bb doesnt originate from your mouth but from your digestive and/or respiratory systems...
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:14 pm
by noptical
path wrote:My point is a pink tongue doesn't mean BB free, especially most of us brush our tongues. The coating doesn't have to turn white to emit strong odors.
noptical wrote:path wrote:My tongue is as pink as or pinker than my wife's. But I have BB, she doesn't.
Then its obvious that your bb doesnt originate from your mouth but from your digestive and/or respiratory systems...
For many of us, including me, most of the times if not always it means fresh breath. When there isnt any of that white stinky stuff on our tongues, it doesnt stink. However if someone's bb comes from other sources too, then of course pink tongue doesnt mean fresh breath...
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 pm
by unsungzero7
ya the tongue pretty much does have to be white to emit STRONG odors, if your tongue is perfectly pink and smooth i highly doubt your tongue is harboring the bacteria, id look elsewhere for the cause
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:06 am
by emotional rescue
hi guys, is this the tung brush that your talking about??
http://www.smilewithstyle.co.uk/proddde ... tung-brush
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:17 am
by mike987
thats the one .. the logo is a bit differemt, but i'm pretty sure it's the same product.. the brush itself looks identical.. just spiced up with some new colors and a new logo maybe
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:35 am
by Leena
Do you know how can I get it? I live in Eastern Europe and no online store that sells Tung Brush ships to my country! And I can`t get it from the stores here.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm
by noptical
emotional rescue yes its the same product, just diferrent colors on the brush.
Leena wrote:Do you know how can I get it? I live in Eastern Europe and no online store that sells Tung Brush ships to my country! And I can`t get it from the stores here.

I live in Europe too (Greece) and I got mine from smilewithstyle.co.uk, it took me a almost month to receive and they didnt reply to my mails but I did receive it.
Where are you from?