THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

immunoglobulins

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm

immunoglobulins

Post by ruch »

anyone ever had this test done?

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/immunoglobulins

i wonder if it is related to our issues..
ttlxman
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am

Post by ttlxman »

Yup, I recently had this test done for ongoing bowel issues which I suspect to be connected to my sinus congestion and PND.

I just got the results and they were pretty abnormal I was told.

Double the normal amount of IgA + IgM against aerobic bacteria and yeast, almost triple the amount for anaerobic bacteria and dietary proteins.

They're doing a stool test next to see if I have some sort of parasite or infection. Either way, an obvious bacterial imbalance is present sort of like what must be happening in some of our mouths.

I honestly have no idea about the scientific reliability of the saliva test that was done. I'm just glad that doctors are starting to take me a little more seriously and are offering further testing.

I will post my own thread eventually if I make any progress.
ruch
Sheriff
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by ruch »

what kind of doctor did you see, and was it specifically about the bb issue? how did you get them to do these tests?
ttlxman
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am

Post by ttlxman »

Naturopath. It was for my stomach and congestion. I don't have a lot of luck with my doctor so I just paid privately for testing at a Naturopathic clinic. It costed around $350 and wasn't covered under the basic health care plan here in Canada.

Normally I wouldn't of considered it but I was desperate and the test seemed scientific enough to be worth a shot. My stool test is going to be covered under my health insurance unlike the IgA+IgM saliva test.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗