Your Email Address:

First Name:

Post Nasal Drip: Cure after sinus surgery, how long?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
George80
Junior

Post Nasal Drip: Cure after sinus surgery, how long?

Post by George80 »

I decided to undergo a sinus surgery to get rid of PND.

How long does it take until the PND will go away, if the surgery was a success? The doctor said it takes about half a year until the tissue is completely recovered. Is that true?

The surgery:
They shrinked my turbinates, corrected my septum and opened the ethmoid and maxillary cells. And they took small portions of the tissue inside my maxillary cells, the "sick" tissue. Still there is no effect after a few weeks. I haven't completely recovered by now, but the symptoms I had before (see below) didn't go away.

Symptoms of PND:

I suffer from one-sided PND. The clear or whitish mucus drips down on one side of my nose/throat. I have to clear my throat often and my voice is sometimes hoarse in the evening from all that mucus. During sports I meanwhile spit a lot of sticky mucus from my throat (even more sticky). And I tend to have more and more acute sinus infections, which lead primarily to massive PND during the night, so that I can't sleep without pills.
The PND should come from the nose. After the surgery I had that tamponade in my nose, so it was completely stuck and I breathed through my mouth. I didn't have PND during that time.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I remember one person on the french forum who was cured after having the surgery to correct deviated septum. A few other people, 2 or 3, had that surgery too but said it did not help, your doc said it takes 6 months to fully recover so maybe that's why. Good luck. I think someone from the healthboard forum or this forum from 2-3 years ago said the surgery cured him, i can't remember.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

An ENT just told me: wait 3-4 months to expect first results. And it can take up to 1 year until the sinus tissue has fully recovered from years of sinusitis and bad ventilation. So it's about being patient again.
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

There was this guy on healthboards who got cured. Im not sure what his name is anymore. But he left after he was cured and never came back to give us any updates.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

George80, any update on your surgery?

I'm going to see an ENT tomorrow, trying to figure out what to say to convince him I need surgery.....
deebo

Post by deebo »

Good lookin out Stillhoping ! 8) i love when the older posts are dug up . theres some really interesting stuff on this site that get forgotten . Keep digging buddy

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

yes there's lots of interesting stuff and it is helpful if people can give updates on what worked or didn't work
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic