Fructose Malabsorption
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption
Has anyone considered this or been tested for it?
It doesn't mention BB as a symptom, although it is apparently, but if it can lead to the formation of mucosal biofilm in the intestine and many of the common symtoms which BB sufferers describe, then there could be a connection?
I know I have an inherent BB susceptibility, which at the moment I have fully under control. I have PND and it's probably only for that reason. But there could be some underlying thing like this going on inside me without even knowing it.
I'm always bloated and gassy. Sometimes my gut feels like it wants to explode. Eating quickly brings on symptoms or worsens what I'm already feeling. I always put it down to not chewing properly and rushing to eat, but improving this makes no difference. I often go from diarrhoea to constipation - I'm never constant.
I try to eat lots of fruit and wonder why it doesn't help this aspect of my digestive health. In fact, sometimes I inadvertently go without fruit for a few days and I feel a lot better - why would that improve things?
I'm also very susceptible to becoming hypoglycemic.
There's connections between fructose malabsorption and with SIBO and lactose intolerance too.
I might at least try reducing my intake of free fructose/fructans and see what happens. Will try taking Xylose Isomerase enzyme too, which it says usually helps. I'd love it if it somehow manages to reduce my PND.
Has anyone considered this or been tested for it?
It doesn't mention BB as a symptom, although it is apparently, but if it can lead to the formation of mucosal biofilm in the intestine and many of the common symtoms which BB sufferers describe, then there could be a connection?
I know I have an inherent BB susceptibility, which at the moment I have fully under control. I have PND and it's probably only for that reason. But there could be some underlying thing like this going on inside me without even knowing it.
I'm always bloated and gassy. Sometimes my gut feels like it wants to explode. Eating quickly brings on symptoms or worsens what I'm already feeling. I always put it down to not chewing properly and rushing to eat, but improving this makes no difference. I often go from diarrhoea to constipation - I'm never constant.
I try to eat lots of fruit and wonder why it doesn't help this aspect of my digestive health. In fact, sometimes I inadvertently go without fruit for a few days and I feel a lot better - why would that improve things?
I'm also very susceptible to becoming hypoglycemic.
There's connections between fructose malabsorption and with SIBO and lactose intolerance too.
I might at least try reducing my intake of free fructose/fructans and see what happens. Will try taking Xylose Isomerase enzyme too, which it says usually helps. I'd love it if it somehow manages to reduce my PND.