Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsils, what to do

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kiki

Tonsils, what to do

Post by kiki »

Tonsils, these smelly gases factory stuck in our throat. From my experience the only thing that worked to remove my bb is to remove them. For many years, the doctors always told me that nothing is wrong with them, no need for operation.

Those are the first defense line in the immune system. Do you want to remove something important as that, one doctor had told me. They only said that my tonsils have many holes that food particles can stick there, sometimes forever, and that it is not a life threatening situation, therefore nothing should be done.

But when I turned twenty, I told the doctor that my tonsils is social life threatening, and that I will never get married, I remember crying, I did not plot that but it came right from my heart. I cried in that visit because I thought that I will have my tonsils forever in me, it is part of my body, I can’t remove my hand, that is how desperate I was.

This was the visit in which the doctor agreed that my bb is caused from my tonsils and that he will remove them for me. My bb due to tonsils had gone forever, thanks for that doctor who balanced the need for tonsils versus living in depression for the rest of my life. I thank that doctor deeply.

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

so you are saying that the tonsil operation completely ended your BB problem. You have fresh breath now? I'm signing up today!
DK3790
Junior

Post by DK3790 »

elliot, im not trying to bring you down, but removing tonsils doesn't work for everyone. If the tonsils aren't the cause of your bb then removing them won't cure your bb but might make it worse. You should find out if the tonsils are the cause of it first before you do anything about it.
but then again, if you are sure you have bb from your tonsils, just ignore evrything I wrote above :D
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Why would removing tonsils make your breath worse, its not like they're doing anything useful at this age. Most kids have them removed at young age.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hi Elliott

I can assure you that if the tonsils are the cause of bb, removing them will end the problem forever. After removing my tonsils, I have no more bb. It is not just me, my sister had the same exact problem as me, she had bb that was persistent from tonsils, she followed my steps and did the operation when she was 18, her bb had gone completely believe me, she is much more confident now, a whole new person I can say.

For me, I still have allergy in my nose that causes pnd, my sister has no allergy, so no bb for her at all. I encounter this only in allergy seasons or when there is a lot of dust in the air, still even when I am at that condition I asked my sister to smell me and she said I have no smell.

I flush my nose every day with water to remove excess mucus. But I have no bb now. bb can obstructs happiness and relations with people and most importantly romance. It should be taken really seriously even if that means going under the knife. people are doing nose and boobs job and they are going under the knife even if that is unnecessary.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

DK3790 wrote:elliot, im not trying to bring you down, but removing tonsils doesn't work for everyone. If the tonsils aren't the cause of your bb then removing them won't cure your bb but might make it worse. You should find out if the tonsils are the cause of it first before you do anything about it.
but then again, if you are sure you have bb from your tonsils, just ignore evrything I wrote above :D
That's one advantage you have, when u feel like your breath can't get any worse. :)
onewhocares
Crybaby

Post by onewhocares »

Kiki, have you got rid of bad breath completely and can lead a normal life like other people do - or you still have to do certain procedures that will keep you from having bad breath? What if you stopped flushing your nose from excessive mucus, would you get bad breath? Normally people don't have to do that.

Also, when did you have tonsillectomy and how much did it cost you?

EDIT: I read your other post explaining what i asked except the price. You had surgery 10 years ago. What you said was even after tonsillectomy you still have PND and that you rinse your nose 10 times a day ( every 1 and a half hour) and gargle in the morning with warm salty water. And this is whats keeping you from bad breath symptoms most of the time. In other words you still have bad breath (thanks to PND) and if you stopped rinsing your nose 10 times a day some form of bad breath would reappear - probably much different than before surgery.

Did you ever test yourself go for a week for example without rinsing the nose ?
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hello onewhocares

About the cost, I really don’t know exactly since my parents took care of that at that time, but it was a public hospital which costs less than a private one, I roughly remember something like 2000$.

About my bb status now, I am having bb occasionally like once every two weeks, but when I have it, it is not as intense and bad as the one I had from tonsils. Also it is not persistent as the previous one. It comes and goes. In many times it depends on the weather. Now I know that I have bb when my tongue gets a bit white at the top also I feel a dry mouth. Before I did the nose rinsing method I used to have this symptoms two to three times a week. In dusty seasons it continues for days. After using this method the bb became much less frequent.

So I can say that I am bb free, since once every two weeks even once a week is not that much and it is controllable. So now the rinsing of my nose became a habit either I have bb or not. It is a treatment and a prevention of bb at the same time. So I did not test my self to stop rinsing for one week.

If you have any more questions plz ask, since we are all here to share experience, I felt all pain of intense bb in the past and I would be very happy if any of my methods would benefit any one, doctors are not there for us I think, bb sufferers must treat themselves.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Holy **** 2000$ for such a simple operation and at a public hospital :shock:
I wonder how much it costs in a private one then :lol:
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

How did you know the source was the tonsils? I am pretty sure my tonsils are a problem area, because I can taste, and feel something disgusting there.

so you have reduced your BB, what makes you think in a month it won't be back to normal?

since you still have on and off BB, what do you think the actual source is, since it seems to not have been the tonsils...?

Let me know plz, I am considering taking the tonsils out as well... but I really rather figure out what the source is.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hello elliot

The horrible smell I had before removing my tonsils was very strong, and it never went away. My tonsils had many pockets in them with white food particles stuck there. Oh that is bringing memories back, God I suffered!

I was 100% sure it was my tonsils. The doctor who did the operation agreed that such pockets are a big source of bb and since I have clean teeth, normal gum and no infections in my nose, so he ruled them out as a source of bb.

The results are what really matters, after the surgery, that smell had gone, gone forever. That bb was therefore from tonsils.

Now I have no bb. But sometimes just sometimes when I sneeze allot and my nose become inflamed from dust or whatever, I can have a mild bb. After analyzing the problem and doing an endoscope for my nose, I realized that this bb is just due to pnd. Still it is mild, very off and little on, and very treatable. Water flushing reduced the problem by 90%.

I signed up in this site to share experience also maybe to find more methods to cure pnd or allergy.

If you think it is tonsils, go for it dear, and live your life to the limit ;)

Just remember, seek the best hospital, it is still an operation, but it does not hurt that much.

Lots of ice cream afterwards would help :)
bwonita69

hi

Post by bwonita69 »

I had my tonsils removed when i was 18 so i know they are not the root cause of my bb.
I acutally found that, that is when my bb started after they were removed, since then its just been getting worse.
You do have to bear in mind that everyones bb is different and different treatments work for different people.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

kiki,
after the surgery, do you still have a white coating on your tongue?
kiki

Post by kiki »

bwonita69, I am not saying that tonsils are the only cause, there are al lottt of different possibilities. Why did you remove your tonsils, what was the problem?

About your questions noptical, luckily I do not have a white tongue. Did you identify the cause of your bb ?
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

Kiki, I may end up removing my tonsils.

My breath situation sounds similar to yours. I am wondering though what kind of operation you had. Was it coblation? Also, do you remove both adenoid and palatine tonsils?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic