Page 1 of 1

How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am
by HotelTrivago
I'm trying to figure out whether my breath smells or not, I chew gum and I breath at the mirror close and it just smells minty but people still react differently I'm confused?

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:43 pm
by Sue2018
Hi,
I think when we eat something minty the smell and flavour fills our moth and nose so you can’t accurately smell your breath. Others probably smell our bad breath mixed with the gum smell. I don’t know if there is any accurate way to smell your breath to some extent we are immune to our own smell. Although I can smell my B.B. breath I can also taste it but I feel it’s far worse for others smelling it.

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm
by Inart
Wrist lick test - take saliva with your fingure from the back of ur tongue, rub it on ur wrist then smell after a few seconds. If rotten egg smell, prblm could be in ur mouth(bad bacteria and or yeast)

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:00 am
by HotelTrivago
I just woke up from my nap but I don't smell anything and I brushed my teeth 3 hours ago

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:02 am
by HotelTrivago
Is my mouth breath the same as my nose breath? I'm also trying to figure out what my nose breath smells like.

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 am
by Ricky
HotelTrivago wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am I'm trying to figure out whether my breath smells or not, I chew gum and I breath at the mirror close and it just smells minty but people still react differently I'm confused?
We are immune to our own breath. Only stranger can tell. Or maybe ask a child. Lick test is not accurate. Even people without bb will smell bad.

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:36 pm
by Raymond
Unfortunately, the only way is for someone else to tell you, there is no other more reliable way that someone else can give you, to lick the back of your wrist and smell it, they have no comparison. I already verified that.

you have to find someone of your absolute confidence

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:39 pm
by Raymond
you have to look for someone of your absolute confidence, there is no other way,
lick the back of your wrist and then smell it is not reliable

Re: How do I smell my breath accurately

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:26 am
by Ricky
HotelTrivago wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am I'm trying to figure out whether my breath smells or not, I chew gum and I breath at the mirror close and it just smells minty but people still react differently I'm confused?
Hearing reactions from people for several years is already very convincing for me. I do not need to persuade someone about this. It would be more painful to hear that they are lying to you, especially your loved ones. Even doctors have a hard time telling the truth. Though there are just a handful of people who will believe you if you tell them.