THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
millionyearsago
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
Gender:

chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by millionyearsago »

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash on and off for a few months and it seems to provide temporary relief. However, I’ve been advised to not use it long term since it stains teeth, etc.

Any one have any advice about it? Since this seems to help, could it be that my problem might be more of an “oral bacteria” problem?

Thank you
mauricio
Advanced
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 am
Gender:

Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by mauricio »

There's probably tons of topics about it as chlorhexidine's been used in mouthwashes for ages and tons of users have tried it.
bb free)
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by terranpatriot »

I used to use it whenever I had a social event coming up, and it would work pretty well...until it didn't anymore. Somehow, after using it successfully for like a dozen events or so, it just stopped working entirely and even began to make my breath extremely worse. My teeth also got so stained to the point where I had to get a professional cleaning done by the dentist to whiten them again. I even tried using it again after an 8 month break off of it and still did not get any benefits like I did when I first started using it.
millionyearsago
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
Gender:

Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by millionyearsago »

Hi Terran,
How long did you use it for before it stopped working? Thanks
User avatar
terranpatriot
Advanced
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
Location: East Coast, USA

Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by terranpatriot »

A few months. Each time I used it was less effective than the previous time. Teeth change color after a few days to a week of use.
KL123
Sheriff
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 pm
Gender:

Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work

Post by KL123 »

Yes, it does stain the teeth and not recommended for longer use.

If the cause of the bad breath is genetic mutation in our gene SELENBP1 where the main gush of the bad breath comes from the lungs then this mouth wash is just another temporary cover up.

Your breath will still stink as the primary source is the lungs, and secondary source is the accumulation of bad bacteria on the tongue dorsum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗