THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
inheritance halitosis
inheritance halitosis
hi. I have halitosis and my sister and my mother too. Why?
anyone happens the same.
anyone happens the same.
i dont speak english...
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Re: inheritance halitosis
Hey Fedenon, me and my mother both have it. But my dad or brother dont.fedenon wrote:hi. I have halitosis and my sister and my mother too. Why?
anyone happens the same.
We've never spoken about it. I wish I knew the answer to your question!
C
-
XXdEaThBrEaThXX
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 pm
Hi everyone!
I am new to this site. I have noticed BB can be inherited. My father, uncle and myself all have it on the male side of the family. However, all the women in the family have fresh breath.
This is a really embarrassing and devastating thing to befall anyone. Since I was a little child, people have mocked my breath. I'm always offered gum and mints with some people being rather harsh about my putrid breath.
BB has also ruined 2 relationships I had, both girls left me because they couldn't stand it anymore. I even went to the doctors and I was made to feel so embarrassed, the dentists have tried everything. They say the smell is not from the oral cavity and that I should go to see a doctor and the doctors say I should go see a dentist etc. It's a vicious circle....
Sorry for long rant. To conclude, I believe BB can be inherited.
Anyone else with other views?
I am new to this site. I have noticed BB can be inherited. My father, uncle and myself all have it on the male side of the family. However, all the women in the family have fresh breath.
This is a really embarrassing and devastating thing to befall anyone. Since I was a little child, people have mocked my breath. I'm always offered gum and mints with some people being rather harsh about my putrid breath.
BB has also ruined 2 relationships I had, both girls left me because they couldn't stand it anymore. I even went to the doctors and I was made to feel so embarrassed, the dentists have tried everything. They say the smell is not from the oral cavity and that I should go to see a doctor and the doctors say I should go see a dentist etc. It's a vicious circle....
Sorry for long rant. To conclude, I believe BB can be inherited.
Anyone else with other views?
When my mother was my age (early twenties) she had tonsillitis all the time which gave her nasty breath that she said messed with her social life. I believe I'm going through the same thing, my tonsils are giving me a lot of trouble now too and when they get red, swollen, and pus-filled it seems to make my BB way worse. (hard to believe huh, lol)
I also believe that BB can be inherited almost like a gene, like our bodies are susceptible to bacterial overgrowth in the mouth and or some kind of weird food-processing issue that is metabolism related.
I also believe that BB can be inherited almost like a gene, like our bodies are susceptible to bacterial overgrowth in the mouth and or some kind of weird food-processing issue that is metabolism related.
-
perrymason
- Advanced
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Who says it's our acidic PH that's causing BB? No one really knows. Just like no one can be sure that PND is the root cause, or [insert reason X here]. Fact is, we don't know jack shit.pervy19 wrote:Well, fedenon, if the bacteria thrive in an acidic environment, why is it that Vitamin C seems to work to some degree? I don't get that...
The oral pH is confusing to people in general. The 'Bad Breath Report' says the anaerobic BB bacteria like an acidic pH, while some other books that I have says the oral anaerobic BB bacteria like an alkaline pH, so... contradictory information. My dentist also said those bacteria prefer an alkaline environment.
All I know is that my oral pH is alkaline (saliva pH between 7.5 - 9.5) and that my BB is a problem. Introducing acidity helps, for a very short while.
Measuring your oral pH is very simple. Just get some pH strips from the pharmacy...
All I know is that my oral pH is alkaline (saliva pH between 7.5 - 9.5) and that my BB is a problem. Introducing acidity helps, for a very short while.
Measuring your oral pH is very simple. Just get some pH strips from the pharmacy...
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.