To all newcomers,
I remember when I first came to the forums, and I had yet to perform my gingivitis deep cleaning. I had bad breath 24/7 nonstop. Listen, you guys may be skeptical that gingivitis can cause chronic, terrible bb 24/7, but IT CAN! So I'm telling this to all of you: GET DEEP CLEANING. Then, brush your teeth and floss for at least 1 month and you'll see a difference eventually.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
To Newcomers who have gum problems and have chronic bb
-
TiredofThis
- Newbie
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm
Green,
I agree that this could very well be a problem for some who have gum issues. Although it wasn't the cause of my bb, i had TERRIBLE plaque build up on my teeth that was never taken away after my braces came off. My teeth and gums are so much healthier now that I had my cleaning done (about 7 months ago). My gum pockets are filling nicely in around my teeth and my mouth definitely always feels fresher. Now that i've found the source of my bb, it just makes me that much more confident that I have no plaque build up in my mouth contributing to SITUATIONAL bad breath.
I agree that this could very well be a problem for some who have gum issues. Although it wasn't the cause of my bb, i had TERRIBLE plaque build up on my teeth that was never taken away after my braces came off. My teeth and gums are so much healthier now that I had my cleaning done (about 7 months ago). My gum pockets are filling nicely in around my teeth and my mouth definitely always feels fresher. Now that i've found the source of my bb, it just makes me that much more confident that I have no plaque build up in my mouth contributing to SITUATIONAL bad breath.
Basically, my gums would bleed whenever I brushed--even if I didn't brush that hard. Anyway, I figured out about gingivitis from a friend when he kept telling me a long time ago that my gums would bleed and that I have gingivitis. At that time, I had no idea that my gingivitis was the cause of my bad breath. I got the deep cleaning this year. Medical insurance covered it so I was ok. It hurts quite a bit though. Remember to ask ur dentists for Chlorohexidine mouthwash after the treatment--I forgot and they didn't give me it! Anyway, after 1 1/2 months of brushing (and flossing occasionally) my bb went away. I have bad tastes in my mouth occasionally but I can gaurantee no more bad breath. I can actually drink milk and not have bb and even on an empty stomach I do not have bb.
I read what searching did and decided to try it. Searching used a waterpik w/ hdyrogen peroxide and water and brushed w/ colgate w/ triclosan. I decided to try it last week and my bb is gone. I've had perio problems since I was 30 and in the past 7 years had tons of teeth extractions, crown, fillings, perio cleanings done. I still had ferocious bb. I couldn't understand why this was happening. I didn't have this problem when I was in my 20's, but I neglected to have my teeth checked on a regular basis. My pockets are 4's and up. I believe my bb had to do w/ my severe gingivitis and perio problems. I asked my son who i'm close to to test out my breath and he said he couldn't smell anything. I asked him what it smelled like before and he said it was so bad he couldn't even describe it. I have noticed changes in social get togethers. No one backs away or leaves me to sit by myself. I'm still a little paranoid and feel like I have bb at times. I asked my son to let me know if I he ever smells bb coming from me to let me know immediately!
I decided to try going w/ out using the waterpik and the bb came back. I know it has to do w/ my pockets in the gums. I can't believe there was that much bateria accumulated there.
I decided to try going w/ out using the waterpik and the bb came back. I know it has to do w/ my pockets in the gums. I can't believe there was that much bateria accumulated there.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.