THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Has anybody ever tried the KissMe Bad Breath Detector?
-
TiredofThis
- Newbie
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm
Has anybody ever tried the KissMe Bad Breath Detector?
Just got mine in the mail today. Mind you, I have been bb free for about a week now and it shows that I am kissable. I would love to find someone with bb and have them breathe into it and see if it's actually accurate. Anybody have any experience with this little gadget?
-
TiredofThis
- Newbie
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm
-
NYConfused
- Junior
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am
i thought about getting one of those gadgets as well, but i was skeptical if it would work. besides it might just measure a level of something in your mouth which might not be the actual cause of your odor was what i thought. now that you have it id be interested in your evaluation. how much did it cost you?TiredofThis wrote:It tells me my breath is fresh all the time, even when I wake up in the morning...so i'm wondering if it is accurate, since it tells you your breath is at the max at times.
well now that the gadget is telling you your breath is fine, your confidence must be pretty good. why dont you try going to stores etc and just breathing and talkign freely into peoples faces and see if its accurate.
btw how are you bb free for the past week?
-
TiredofThis
- Newbie
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm
My problem came from the stomach, caused by dairy. So I stopped all dairy and the problem went away. I breathe into my mothers face al the time now and no nose rubs. She used to rub her nose constantly around me.NYConfused wrote:i thought about getting one of those gadgets as well, but i was skeptical if it would work. besides it might just measure a level of something in your mouth which might not be the actual cause of your odor was what i thought. now that you have it id be interested in your evaluation. how much did it cost you?TiredofThis wrote:It tells me my breath is fresh all the time, even when I wake up in the morning...so i'm wondering if it is accurate, since it tells you your breath is at the max at times.
well now that the gadget is telling you your breath is fine, your confidence must be pretty good. why dont you try going to stores etc and just breathing and talkign freely into peoples faces and see if its accurate.
btw how are you bb free for the past week?
The device measures the level of vsc's in your mouth so I'm wondering if your'e right about it not being accurate if the problem is coming from the stomach. No idea. I know for a fact my problem came from the stomach. It only cost me around 20.00 from Ebay.
TiredofThis,
Yes, I tried the Kissme device and my reading varied from no bb signs to full strength bb. Mostly I got 3 out of 5 on the rating scale. I believe there is some accuracy to it, but unless you test your reading with an actual bb smeller (AKA a person), it really doesn't give you any confidence, even if it detects nothing. It was an okay little experiment, but I quickly just kind of forgot about it. It really didn't add any value.
Regarding your lactose intolerance condition... How would you even know if you're lactose intolerant (AKA what would be your symptom)? So what did you do, just give up milk and cheese? And for how long? Apologies if you already spoke about this on a previous post.
Hank
Yes, I tried the Kissme device and my reading varied from no bb signs to full strength bb. Mostly I got 3 out of 5 on the rating scale. I believe there is some accuracy to it, but unless you test your reading with an actual bb smeller (AKA a person), it really doesn't give you any confidence, even if it detects nothing. It was an okay little experiment, but I quickly just kind of forgot about it. It really didn't add any value.
Regarding your lactose intolerance condition... How would you even know if you're lactose intolerant (AKA what would be your symptom)? So what did you do, just give up milk and cheese? And for how long? Apologies if you already spoke about this on a previous post.
Hank
-
TiredofThis
- Newbie
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm
I gave up all forms of dairy...milk, cheese, chocolate, etc. Anything that even had milk or cheese in in it, I did away with. I went with already prepared vegan snacks that i could purchase at Trader Joe's (some of which are not even really that bad). After about a week, my family told me there was no smell at all. Today i felt like my breath REALLY smelled but lately I think it's just all in my head. Now i think I'm more phobic than anything. I think it's just cause i've had to deal with this problem for the past 13 years and now that I'm BB free, it's hard to go back to life pre-bb. I always feel like my breath smells even if it doesn't. And I'm always paranoid.Hank wrote:TiredofThis,
Yes, I tried the Kissme device and my reading varied from no bb signs to full strength bb. Mostly I got 3 out of 5 on the rating scale. I believe there is some accuracy to it, but unless you test your reading with an actual bb smeller (AKA a person), it really doesn't give you any confidence, even if it detects nothing. It was an okay little experiment, but I quickly just kind of forgot about it. It really didn't add any value.
Regarding your lactose intolerance condition... How would you even know if you're lactose intolerant (AKA what would be your symptom)? So what did you do, just give up milk and cheese? And for how long? Apologies if you already spoke about this on a previous post.
Hank
In regards to the lactose intolerance, I didn't really have any other signs besides the fact that my breath always reeked like nasty cheese (as well as my nose air). i never had bloating, gas, diarrhea or anything...just the nasty breath. So I figured if I stopped dairy that maybe the problem would go away, and it did. Also, I noticed a very nasty smell and taste when I would suck on my left top molar. Once I stopped dairy, that smell and taste went away. If I floss back there now, no smell comes out, even if I skip a day. So for me, it was all inter-connected.
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.