THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Has anybody ever tried the KissMe Bad Breath Detector?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TiredofThis
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Has anybody ever tried the KissMe Bad Breath Detector?

Post by TiredofThis »

Just got mine in the mail today. Mind you, I have been bb free for about a week now and it shows that I am kissable. I would love to find someone with bb and have them breathe into it and see if it's actually accurate. Anybody have any experience with this little gadget?
ithurts
Advanced
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by ithurts »

This device breaks really easily. It lasts around 3 weeks before stop working. When I was using this device, there was no one to tell me whether I have bb so I can't get a second opinion.
TiredofThis
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by TiredofThis »

Did it tell you that you had bb?
ithurts
Advanced
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by ithurts »

Yes it does, to the max. It usually tells me that my breath is okay in the morning but it gets worse as the day goes on.
TiredofThis
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by TiredofThis »

It tells me my breath is fresh all the time, even when I wake up in the morning...so i'm wondering if it is accurate, since it tells you your breath is at the max at times.
NYConfused
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am

Post by NYConfused »

TiredofThis wrote:It tells me my breath is fresh all the time, even when I wake up in the morning...so i'm wondering if it is accurate, since it tells you your breath is at the max at times.
i thought about getting one of those gadgets as well, but i was skeptical if it would work. besides it might just measure a level of something in your mouth which might not be the actual cause of your odor was what i thought. now that you have it id be interested in your evaluation. how much did it cost you?

well now that the gadget is telling you your breath is fine, your confidence must be pretty good. why dont you try going to stores etc and just breathing and talkign freely into peoples faces and see if its accurate.

btw how are you bb free for the past week?
TiredofThis
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by TiredofThis »

NYConfused wrote:
TiredofThis wrote:It tells me my breath is fresh all the time, even when I wake up in the morning...so i'm wondering if it is accurate, since it tells you your breath is at the max at times.
i thought about getting one of those gadgets as well, but i was skeptical if it would work. besides it might just measure a level of something in your mouth which might not be the actual cause of your odor was what i thought. now that you have it id be interested in your evaluation. how much did it cost you?

well now that the gadget is telling you your breath is fine, your confidence must be pretty good. why dont you try going to stores etc and just breathing and talkign freely into peoples faces and see if its accurate.

btw how are you bb free for the past week?
My problem came from the stomach, caused by dairy. So I stopped all dairy and the problem went away. I breathe into my mothers face al the time now and no nose rubs. She used to rub her nose constantly around me.

The device measures the level of vsc's in your mouth so I'm wondering if your'e right about it not being accurate if the problem is coming from the stomach. No idea. I know for a fact my problem came from the stomach. It only cost me around 20.00 from Ebay.
Hank
Junior
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Post by Hank »

TiredofThis,

Yes, I tried the Kissme device and my reading varied from no bb signs to full strength bb. Mostly I got 3 out of 5 on the rating scale. I believe there is some accuracy to it, but unless you test your reading with an actual bb smeller (AKA a person), it really doesn't give you any confidence, even if it detects nothing. It was an okay little experiment, but I quickly just kind of forgot about it. It really didn't add any value.

Regarding your lactose intolerance condition... How would you even know if you're lactose intolerant (AKA what would be your symptom)? So what did you do, just give up milk and cheese? And for how long? Apologies if you already spoke about this on a previous post.

Hank
TiredofThis
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by TiredofThis »

Hank wrote:TiredofThis,

Yes, I tried the Kissme device and my reading varied from no bb signs to full strength bb. Mostly I got 3 out of 5 on the rating scale. I believe there is some accuracy to it, but unless you test your reading with an actual bb smeller (AKA a person), it really doesn't give you any confidence, even if it detects nothing. It was an okay little experiment, but I quickly just kind of forgot about it. It really didn't add any value.

Regarding your lactose intolerance condition... How would you even know if you're lactose intolerant (AKA what would be your symptom)? So what did you do, just give up milk and cheese? And for how long? Apologies if you already spoke about this on a previous post.

Hank
I gave up all forms of dairy...milk, cheese, chocolate, etc. Anything that even had milk or cheese in in it, I did away with. I went with already prepared vegan snacks that i could purchase at Trader Joe's (some of which are not even really that bad). After about a week, my family told me there was no smell at all. Today i felt like my breath REALLY smelled but lately I think it's just all in my head. Now i think I'm more phobic than anything. I think it's just cause i've had to deal with this problem for the past 13 years and now that I'm BB free, it's hard to go back to life pre-bb. I always feel like my breath smells even if it doesn't. And I'm always paranoid.

In regards to the lactose intolerance, I didn't really have any other signs besides the fact that my breath always reeked like nasty cheese (as well as my nose air). i never had bloating, gas, diarrhea or anything...just the nasty breath. So I figured if I stopped dairy that maybe the problem would go away, and it did. Also, I noticed a very nasty smell and taste when I would suck on my left top molar. Once I stopped dairy, that smell and taste went away. If I floss back there now, no smell comes out, even if I skip a day. So for me, it was all inter-connected.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

TiredofThis wrote: I gave up all forms of dairy...milk, cheese,
see, i told you to stop eating cheese!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗