THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Is xylitol working???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

brightonguy wrote:Yeah, if you swallow it like me it does have a laxative effect as I've just found out quite abruptly!!! LOL
:lol:
bad day1
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by bad day1 »

Hey hal

His statement was not about effectivity, but about availability. Which could have prevented other people from seeking out the product that could possibly help. And made me think he is not keeping up with the changes done by players in his industry, and that a little of his knowledge might be outdated.

And it's not just the zinc info, but the other statements cited by Hooch above, and then some. And I don't think the doctor has replied to some of those who scratched their head and asked about his statements. Statements like:
- saying halimeters mean nothing then saying he got a patient's score from 120 to 90 with treatment
- saying metals don't smell so don't remove amalgams then saying a boy was cured when braces were removed and a girl was cured when metal tongue piercing was removed
- saying antibiotics do not have permanent effect on microbial flora which made me wonder since intestinal flora inhabited by h-pylori can be permanently changed by antibiotics

An average individual like me might skip the posts that discuss 'pseudomembranous colitis' or 'immunoglobulins' but would be readily eager to read those with practical information in layman's terms, those that are readily useable in the day to day life; I think some of the people here does the same. And when one of these practical info is a bit wide of the mark, I just feel a little more hopeless.

I'm not saying that the doc is wrong on all his statements. I'm just saying that maybe in some questions,after a quick glance, he types an answer that not really represents the entirety of what is correct.

But as I've said before, I still love the doc (I have much thanks for him as I got the zinc idea from him). I know the doctor has vast knowledge and experience, has very good intentions, and I'm thankful that he is here and is helping us, thankful that he is sharing very very valuable information.

I do believe that the doc's mouthwash would be more effective than any of the Listerines, and I will be searching the posts to know the name of his mouthwash and where to buy them as I definitely would want to try them out.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Bad day, like I said, its about how each of us interprets the information.

We have to wait and hear his response over the Listerine. What he said at the time made sense, but maybe you are right.

But, look at the halimeter interpretation. I think what he tried to say is that halimeters are inherently unreliable for telling a person whether they have bad breath or not, because they dont measure every type of gas associated with BB and in the hands of a non-scientific person the results could mean absolutely anything. If the person being measured had not been instructed very carefully in what NOT to eat or do for the 24 hours prior to testing for example. The halimeter is also very useful for testing the response to various reduction methods, such as the correct type of zinc.

Correct, amalgam does not smell, nor do any metals. But some can have electrochemical reactions and release odours in that way or interact with bacteria etc (silver for example). Obviously if amalgam could cause odours then anyone with amalgam fillings would produce them. That's why he advised not to remove them - my god can you imagine if he did and everyone starts coming back saying they just spent $$$$$ for nothing?

I think you've misunderstood the H pylori information. I've run out of time this morning, but I will explain something to you on this when I get back tonight.

Generally though, I dont think any of this is called for against the doc. He struggles enough with the language barrier to tell us things to try to help us understand things enough as it is, without him having to start defending misunderstandings. The info is there to be interpreted, and all of it in my opinion is absolutely correct.
Hooch
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Hooch »

Hooch wrote:I think Aydimur's information on here is invaluable...and am most grateful...but with all due respect
I don't mean to be combatative of disrespectful I am just genuinely confused.
See above Hal...no one has it in for the Doc...we are just asking justified questions...you wouldn't blindly swallow everything your own GP said to you would you? So please stop saying we are have it in for the Doc..it's really unhelpful...he really has said conflicting things..told me blatantly to 'forget Halimeters...they record imaginary numbers' then went on to cite a successful cure recording via halimeter...so again I am not misinterpreting things and neither are the other guys on here.
bad day1
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by bad day1 »

Hal, ok let's just wait for his response about the Listerine.

Regarding the halimeter, you just made statements that are really very informative and helpful. Now if I juxtapose it with the doc's statement that 'halimeters record imaginary numbers' and let someone outside the forum read it and tell him that both statements are correct, is it not reasonable to think that the reader would get confused?

As for the amalgam, the doc made his statements in the context of altering oral flora. I think it is a reasonable assumption that the removal of a metal foreign object from the mouth can alter flora after reading the doc's sample that the removal of metal tongue piercing and braces cured people because the removal itself altered the flora. And your example of silver interacting with bacteria - amalgam is part mercury and part silver. So wouldn't it be reasonable to think that amalgam fillings interact with bacteria and that removing it would then leave you with a mouth with one less item with which bacteria can interact?

As for the H-pylori, I think I just need the doc's clarification on what he meant by antibiotics not having permanent effect on microbial flora. He actually did not mention H-pylori in that post.

I don't have anything against the doc. As I've said, I love that he is here and I'll continue to value his posts. But since this is a forum where people look for advice, I think it is reasonable to request the doc for clarification when there is reasonable confusion; just to make sure we understand and so that we could put the info to good use.

Also I don't think there is a language barrier. I don't really think the doc is struggling with the language because all his posts that I've read, I've perfectly understood. And his replies have perfectly matched the questions he was replying to. So I think the doctor has very good command of the language.
sputnik
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am

Post by sputnik »

Always a pleasure reading your posts Aydinmur and please do keep posting some of the more interesting cases you come across.

I am sure that most people on this forum sincerely find them most informative.
bad day1
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by bad day1 »

Hi Doc Murat,

Thank you very much for clarifying. Your posts gave me the bigger picture and now just cleared things up, for me personally for that matter.

And I apologise if you felt antagonised by my recent posts. That was not my intention. They might appear inconsiderate and confrontational, I kindly ask for your understanding and look at those posts as written by someone so frustrated by his bb affliction.

Regarding the Listerine:
aydinmur wrote:>There is one type Listerin in Turkiye. Its dark green. doesnt contain zinc.
Noted on that. I apologise again for my statements about this and I won't argue about it anymore.

Also doc, is it possible to buy from you the zinc mouthwash? Is it possible for you maybe to ask one of your staff to keep in touch with us and to ship to us the zinc mouthwash? I really don't believe that the Listerine I'm using right now will give me long term effects, but I am a lot more hopeful for more positive results from your product.

Again doc, I humbly apologise for my posts if it came to you as disrespectful. I'll keep saying this, I love that you are here and I'll keep valuing your posts. Also as sputnik said, keep posting the interesting cases (as maybe one of us will also fall under that category).
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Aydinmur, Bad day1 made the point about amalgam and its silver content. In your opinion and to your knowledge, could there possibly be any kind of bacterial interaction with the amalgam metals/chemicals that could possibly cause chronic bad breath? Could there be only certain types of bacterial species that interact with amalgam, so that it depends on bacterial profile as to whether amalgam could affect only certain people?

Also, just to recap, what is contained in your mouthwash formula? How does it compare against the other mouthwash tests you showed us http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/tablo.jpg

You've said its not possible for anyone to purchase your zinc mouthwash unless they purchase in bulk - but could something be devised that allows people on here to obtain at least a sample (or even make their own from your instructions?)
TIRED
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by TIRED »

From what I read it is not the mercury itself that is odorous. It is the effects on the digestive tract (through the blood) that cause it to produce bad bacteria (and in turn constipation and yeast infections) that cause the bad breath. This why I want them out and will get it done next month sometime. I do not mind paying $4000 even if it will not cure me. The chance that it MIGHT cure me and the peace of mind is what makes it worth it. I don't regret getting my tonsils out even though it did not cure me. It was a step closer to finding the cause of this awful affliction.

Another thing to look into are cavitations (google it) if you have ever gotten a tooth pulled. Bacteria can get stuck under the gum and infect your blood.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I'd still like to know from Aydinmur whether there is any evidence at all of dental amalgam interacting with the oral flora - in other words whether there is evidence of anyone ever having developed oral bacterial overgrowth and related chronic bad breath from dental amalgam fillings and whether its ever been scientifically proven that amalgam removal has reversed this.
john
Junior
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by john »

aydinmur,

can you tell me after seeing my oralchroma test why i still get reactions from people, but the oral chroma machinecould only dtect Dimetyl Sulfide.
i must say that i have stomach problems. i take every day 1 lanzopasol tablet for my reflux. can reflux give a bad breath?

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bad day1
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by bad day1 »

Here we go again doc. You just said you're not sure how amalgam interacts with oral tissue but in another post, you told someone not to remove his amalgam. What if the poor guy's bb is caused by some interaction between his oral tissues and the amalgam. Anyway, I'm just speculating and I don't actually remember the details of that old post, so I might be misunderstanding or misinterpreting again.

Regarding the table, kindly put back the line for PharmolZn so we know how big the difference it has compared to the rest. The difference might be so significant enough that people here my find it worth it to travel all the way to Turkey just to buy the product.

I don't actually see it as advertising but more as clinical test results. Also, you just enumerated reasons why people outside Turkey would not be able to buy PharmolZn, so any amount of advertising will not work anyway.

Also, I just don't get why the company can dictate on you on what to do with your formula. They did not pay you, I assume they did not commision you and fund you to do the research, since you said you did not take money, hence they should not have rights to impose on you anything.

That company should allow you to use your knowledge to help people. I think a doctor's hippocratic oath says a doctor should apply all measures required for the benefit of the sick, and to remember that you are not treating charts and graphs but sick human beings, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. They must not prevent you to help others.

Maybe you should give that company a link to this forum, or maybe email them some posts of people here thinking of killing themselves.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Aydinmur, thanks for your reply.
How much would it cost for you to send 1 bottle to the UK for example? Maybe you could try it out on a few people on here.

If you have ever seen how much Dr. KATZ charges or Breezecare to ship from New Zealand despite having a breath clinic here in the UK? Surely it cant be all that much.
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

Bad day 1,
It's possible that Aydin Murat signed over the formula for his oral rinse to a company that is able to produce it in large quantities, which he probably cannot do because he doesn't have the production facilities. In that case they now own the rights. He may not have done it for money, but just to help the largest number of people.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
bad day1
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by bad day1 »

Phantasist,
I know the doc did not do it for money but to help people. His spending time here in this forum is evidence enough of his intentions to help. But my point is not about intention, but more on the company. That company does not serve him well. If the intention is to 'help the largest number of people', then that company defeats the intention. The product does not even have an English website and the company does not even have the capacity to ship or export as what the doc said.

The doc posted this table, http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/tablo.jpg, and I think his invention surpasses the results produced by the other products. If his product can beat the likes of Colgate, Listerine, and Oral B then his product is badly needed by people like us all over the world.

Right now his invention is just helping the largest number of people 'in Turkey'. And it's sad that other people are deprived of a very possible cure.

Doc,
Can you still post the result of PharmolZn against the other brands in the table? Just so we can see the difference. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗