THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Possible cure for Type 1
Possible cure for Type 1
Hi Guys
I havent posted in a while due to loosing my password...anyway my last post came to the conclusion that I was lactose intolerant so I cut dairy from my diet which gave positive results. This was only temporary in the end - not sure why...
So, a couple of weeks ago I was reading up about inner health probiotics. I started a course of these and two weeks later by BB has gone. I did do a few other things which may have contributed to the cure, I accidentally recieved a mouthfull of petrol due to doing a restoration on a car, dont ask how it just happened as I was trying to drain the fuel tank! I quickly rushed inside and swilled my mouth with Colgate peroxl for 5 minutes. The day after I noticed that my tongue didn't smell - the smell had been there for a couple of years (right at the back on my tongue when I rub with my finger)... I'm not exactly sure what cured me, the probiotics, the fuel! or the peroxl. I've tried peroxl in the past and also probiotics and nothing worked - maybe it was the addition of the fuel!! scary stuff.
It's been 2 weeks and still no smell and no reactions, I work in an office so it's easy to test for reactions...
This obviosuly won't cure any of the other types of BB but may work for those with a smelly tongue... I only used the peroxl for that day. I don't brush my tongue anymore. I've continued to take the probiotics... Will keep you posted.
I havent posted in a while due to loosing my password...anyway my last post came to the conclusion that I was lactose intolerant so I cut dairy from my diet which gave positive results. This was only temporary in the end - not sure why...
So, a couple of weeks ago I was reading up about inner health probiotics. I started a course of these and two weeks later by BB has gone. I did do a few other things which may have contributed to the cure, I accidentally recieved a mouthfull of petrol due to doing a restoration on a car, dont ask how it just happened as I was trying to drain the fuel tank! I quickly rushed inside and swilled my mouth with Colgate peroxl for 5 minutes. The day after I noticed that my tongue didn't smell - the smell had been there for a couple of years (right at the back on my tongue when I rub with my finger)... I'm not exactly sure what cured me, the probiotics, the fuel! or the peroxl. I've tried peroxl in the past and also probiotics and nothing worked - maybe it was the addition of the fuel!! scary stuff.
It's been 2 weeks and still no smell and no reactions, I work in an office so it's easy to test for reactions...
This obviosuly won't cure any of the other types of BB but may work for those with a smelly tongue... I only used the peroxl for that day. I don't brush my tongue anymore. I've continued to take the probiotics... Will keep you posted.
-
DanielPine
- Advanced
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am
- Location: Australia
- Gender:
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I gargled with aftershave once, in total frustration, and it made me feel ill for days, even though I didn't swallow any.
Strangely, it made me feel as though it affected my whole body chemistry and, even today, if I smell this particular aftershave, I feel like I need to run from the stuff.
I felt like my body had gone into some kind of shut-down. My mouth felt like it went sterile.
My BB was gone during this time, but it came back because I had an underlying issue in my mouth that would always ensure that, but I wonder if something like this can shock the body in some way and does something to the immune system etc. Maybe this is what causes placebo effects.
Strangely, it made me feel as though it affected my whole body chemistry and, even today, if I smell this particular aftershave, I feel like I need to run from the stuff.
I felt like my body had gone into some kind of shut-down. My mouth felt like it went sterile.
My BB was gone during this time, but it came back because I had an underlying issue in my mouth that would always ensure that, but I wonder if something like this can shock the body in some way and does something to the immune system etc. Maybe this is what causes placebo effects.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
DanielPine
- Advanced
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am
- Location: Australia
- Gender:
As Daniel said, the probiotics are capsules so none of this hit the mouth directly. I called the petrol issue out as it was just one other factor at that time that may or may not of contributed to the cure... maybe as you said it could of kick started the immune system to combat the increased bacteria on the tongue... I've taken probiotics before and didnt experience any difference so its a bit puzzling... ive just checked my tongue again and still no smell... I'm just hoping it lasts. As previously stated though, when the petrol hit my mouth I used Colgate peroxl for 10 minutes to get rid of the taste - maybe that combined with the probiotics did the trick... A lot of sites do link probiotics with tongue aroma so there may be some truth to it.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.