Your Email Address:

First Name:

Glycine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Peace
Junior

Glycine

Post by Peace »

So I have been doing my routine using saline-xylitol-lactoferrin intranasal and oral spray with the occasional antibiotic thrown in and it has controlled my fecal breath considerably. I still often have that sweaty, cheesy, foot odor type of breath though. This smell is most likely due to isovaleric acid which is produced by bacteria, but can also come from a metabolic disorder like isovaleric acidemia. That's a pretty severe dz and I don't claim to have it, but it got me looking in how it can be treated and found that the amino acid glycine helps. I also found that there is quite a bit of pre-clinical and clinical evidence for glycine helping with liver inflammation and dysfunction. I started on 1 gr glycine between meals and found that it makes my mouth feels much fresher! Any one has tried this?
Cheers

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

What methods do you use to determine what your breath smells like?
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

Over the years I've learned to associate how my mouth feels with the types of remarks I get. It has ranged from fart, burn, cheese, sweat, dirty sock, I may be missing a few!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I guess if you get a lot of direct comments then that makes a lot of sense.
Do you also ever smell anything yourself? Rebounds, strong saliva odour, tongue odours etc
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

Yes, there are times when I can smell it myself by exhaling slowly in cupped hands.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic