THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Whats an effective way to test your breath without the help

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Fac
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:59 am

Whats an effective way to test your breath without the help

Post by Fac »

Whats an effective way to test your breath,

without the help of a human nose?

ThankYou.
HappyDays
Advanced
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by HappyDays »

there are lots of ways people supposedly smell their breath but I have never been able to smell my own consistently. I get backdraft sometimes and get a quick whiff but nothing substantial.

this is a difficult thing to do if you ask me. I'm sure there will be some suggestions shortly.

you may want to try the lick the wrist method where you lick your wrist and wait a few seconds then smel it but its never worked for me.
Fac
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Fac »

I need something that is very effective, because i think i might be cured.. I have been experimenting, with a new product that have came across... And when i use at night before i go to bed,then wake up in the moring.. I literly have no moring breath basically, i tested my breath by licking my wrist, and i coundt smell nothing really in the moring... I was shocked ,Before when i was useing other products, and i would wake up and lick the back of my writst, it would stank like shit.. Now i dont really nothing, i think i might be closed to being cured.... Im still not sure, thats wby i need an effective method, of testing my breath.... When i talk to people at work, i see no signs of my breath smelling, such as facial expression, rubing of the nose, or any tell tell sings... Lets hope and pray..
austuser
Sheriff
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 am

Post by austuser »

just ask someone. dont you have any friends? Friends dont care
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

Good for you,

what product is that??
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

HappyDays wrote:you may want to try the lick the wrist method where you lick your wrist and wait a few seconds then smel it but its never worked for me.
Yea, but fac said without the help of a human nose. The lick wrist thing is unaccurate btw, because everyone's saliva has a smell.

And if u ask your friend, he still has to use his nose.

But bad breath is only a problem because humans have a nose. So off course there's no other way to test it.
Need A Cure
Total Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 am

Flossing Method

Post by Need A Cure »

I use the dental floss sticks, and floss the last three teeth on my top row to check my BB. If it's extremely bad I can smell it, but other than that I'm unable to detect it.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Flossing Method

Post by elliott »

Need A Cure wrote:I use the dental floss sticks, and floss the last three teeth on my top row to check my BB. If it's extremely bad I can smell it, but other than that I'm unable to detect it.
That smell isn't an clear indication. That's just rotten food stuck in the section of the teeth where you chew the most. I know BB free people that have said their teeth stink when they don't floss. The smell is the same smell though, almost nauseating.
FullOfHope
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: UK

Re: Flossing Method

Post by FullOfHope »

elliott wrote:[ I know BB free people that have said their teeth stink when they don't floss. The smell is the same smell though, almost nauseating.
You make me laugh elliott !!!!
Your reference to "BB FREE PEOPLE" as if they are some other kind of life form.
Hey have you ever thought, maybe they are - maybe they're the aliens and we're all just quite normal !!!!!!
Fac
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Fac »

Have anyone tried scrapping their tunge with with a spoon far back on their tunge? I heard thats works very well..
Fac
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Fac »

anymore?
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Fac wrote:anymore?
search the forum for TUNG.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Fac what are you using?????
greenman
Advanced
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:11 am

Post by greenman »

yeah lol I was wonder the same thing.

btw tiredofit you mentioned that you came to a dead end on HH/Gerd. do you think this is not the cause?

I read a post of someones husband being cured by removing polyps from the nose. the smell of the polyps she mentioned was fecal and that is how mines is. maybe my issue is the same.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Post by TIREDOFIT »

I think my HH might be the cause, but they do not recommend surgery because it causes some people to have very bad gas pain after eating. I'm not so sure I want to deal with that pain right now - especially if I got the surgery and found out it wasn't the cause - so that is my last resort now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗